Re: Why such long startup times on GTK+2 and KDE?

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 15, 2003
      Ned Konz wrote:

      > I've been trying to build a nice-looking version of gvim to run on my
      > KDE system. I've built a GTK+2 and KDE version (using the kvim
      > patches).
      > Both work fine but take about 3.5 seconds to do nothing
      > (this is the KDE one, but the GTK+2 version takes about the same
      > amount of time):

      Startup time gets longer and longer it seems. I have noticed that using
      GTK 2 instead of GTK also makes startup slower.

      To get an idea of where time is spend during startup, compile Vim with
      "STARTUPTIME" defined. It will then write a file with timing messages.
      See feature.h.

      --
      ARTHUR: The swallow may fly south with the sun, or the house martin or the
      plover seek warmer hot lands in winter, yet these are not strangers to