RE: customizing the UnsavedChanges event ?

  • Keith Roberts
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 5, 2003

      :h BufLeave

      e.g.

      Or, even better, define a function whose argument determines the actions
      above, then:
      au BufLeave *.abc Write_when_leave(write.arg)
      au BufLeave *.xyz Write_when_leave(query.arg)
      au BufLeave *.pqr Write_when_leave(xyz_abc.arg)

      You get the idea.
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 5, 2003
        Yakov Lerner wrote:

        > Is there an autoevent for a decision what to do with
        > unsaved changes when leaving the unsaved modified buffer ?
        >
        > For example, customizing such event would allow me to
        > specify:
        > - for *.abc buffers - autowrite
        > - for *.xyz buffers - ask
        > - for *.pqr buffers - autowrite if leaving via commands x,y,z
        > but ask if leaving via commands a,b,c
        > - for *.klm buffers - autowrite with versiosning
        >
        > Does it exist, such autoevent ?

        No. You could use exception handling when it happens in a script.

        I'll add a note about adding an event for this, I can see it is useful.

        --
        I'm sure that I asked CBuilder to do a "full" install. Looks like I got
        a "fool" install, instead. Charles E Campbell, Jr, PhD