Toolbar icon failure in GTK2 Vim

  • Steve Hall
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 3, 2003
      Several people have contacted me saying that referenced individual
      icons fail in the GTK2 Vim toolbar. (Can't test for myself.) Didn't
      notice this on the ToDo so I thought I'd point it out.

      BTW, I notice on http://www.opensky.ca/gnome-vim/todo.html that GTK2
      support is now merged in Vim CVS. Does this mean distros might start
      including it by default? Yikes, I hope my bug can be fixed first!

      --
      Steve Hall [ digitect@... ]
    • Jeremy Messenger
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 3, 2003
        On 03 Sep 2003 23:59:25 -0400, Steve Hall <digitect@...> wrote:

        > Several people have contacted me saying that referenced individual
        > icons fail in the GTK2 Vim toolbar. (Can't test for myself.) Didn't
        > notice this on the ToDo so I thought I'd point it out.
        >
        > BTW, I notice on http://www.opensky.ca/gnome-vim/todo.html that GTK2
        > support is now merged in Vim CVS. Does this mean distros might start
        > including it by default? Yikes, I hope my bug can be fixed first!

        This project is very old already, because the patch has been merged in the
        VIM 6.2.. VIM 6.2 GTK2 works great here on FreeBSD 5.1-CURRENT and I use
        it everyday. Check my screenshot, in the left bottom corner, you should
        see the GVIM GTK2 there. http://www.freebsd.org/gnome/images/ss12.png

        Cheers,
        Mezz

        --
        bsdforums.org 's moderator, mezz.
        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 4, 2003
          Steve Hall wrote:

          > Several people have contacted me saying that referenced individual
          > icons fail in the GTK2 Vim toolbar. (Can't test for myself.) Didn't
          > notice this on the ToDo so I thought I'd point it out.

          The normal toolbar icons show up fine. But perhaps this todo item is
          the problem:

          - Searching for bitmaps for the toolbar doesn't work as with other systems.
          (Ned Konz, Christian J. Robinson)

          > BTW, I notice on http://www.opensky.ca/gnome-vim/todo.html that GTK2
          > support is now merged in Vim CVS. Does this mean distros might start
          > including it by default? Yikes, I hope my bug can be fixed first!

          GTK 2 will be selected if your GTK is 2.2.0 or newer. The 2.0.x series
          had too many problems. There are a few GTK 2 problems, but not too
          many. The main problem is that nothing has been fixed recently (Daniel
          Elstner disappeared)

          --
          GUARD #1: Where'd you get the coconut?
          ARTHUR: We found them.

        • Ned Konz
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 4, 2003
            On Thursday 04 September 2003 04:02 am, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
            > Steve Hall wrote:
            > > Several people have contacted me saying that referenced
            > > individual icons fail in the GTK2 Vim toolbar. (Can't test for
            > > myself.) Didn't notice this on the ToDo so I thought I'd point it
            > > out.
            >
            > The normal toolbar icons show up fine. But perhaps this todo item
            > is the problem:
            >
            > - Searching for bitmaps for the toolbar doesn't work as with other
            > systems. (Ned Konz, Christian J. Robinson)

            Just for reference, what I found was that I had to change my source from:

            amenu 1.172 ToolBar.TVO/7 <LocalLeader>7

            to:

            amenu icon=TVO/7 1.172 ToolBar.TVO/7 <LocalLeader>7

            That is, I had to use an explicit icon= statement.

            --
            Ned Konz
            http://bike-nomad.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 6, 2003
              On Thu, 2003-09-04 at 11:07, Ned Konz wrote:
              > > Steve Hall wrote:
              > > > Several people have contacted me saying that referenced
              > > > individual icons fail in the GTK2 Vim toolbar. (Can't test for
              > > > myself.) Didn't notice this on the ToDo so I thought I'd point
              > > > it out.
              >
              > Just for reference, what I found was that I had to change my source
              > from:
              >
              > amenu 1.172 ToolBar.TVO/7 <LocalLeader>7
              >
              > to:
              >
              > amenu icon=TVO/7 1.172 ToolBar.TVO/7 <LocalLeader>7
              >
              > That is, I had to use an explicit icon= statement.

              Yes, this works for me, thanks much for the hint.

              --
              Steve Hall [ digitect@... ]