First search has strange output when file drag N drop'ed

  • David Rennalls
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 2003
      Hi,
      If I load a file in vim via drag n drop in windows, then do a search
      using / for a pattern that's not found I get the following output.
      /pattern
      /pattern
      "Search hit BOTTOM, continuing at TOP"
      Hit ENTER or type command to continue

      "Search hit BOTTOM, continuing at TOP" <--pressing enter once gives
      this line again
      E486: Pattern not found: pattern <--pressing enter second
      time gives this (expected)

      Performing the same search again with no match only gives the "E486:
      Pattern not found: pattern" result which is expected. Similarly if the
      first search had a match I get the following

      /pattern
      /pattern
      Hit ENTER or type command to continue

      This only seems to happen if the file drag n dropped the file into vim.

      P.S. build info
      VIM - Vi IMproved 6.2 (2003 Jun 1, compiled Jun 16 2003 18:05:35)
      MS-Windows 32 bit GUI version with OLE support
      Included patches: 1-14
      Compiled by rennalls@MITEL-NA
      Big version with GUI. Features included (+) or not (-):
      +arabic +autocmd -balloon_eval +browse ++builtin_terms +byte_offset
      +cindent +clientserver +clipboard +cmdline_compl +cmdline_hist
      +cmdline_info +comments +cryptv +cscope +dialog_gui +diff +digraphs -dnd
      -ebcdic +emacs_tags +eval +ex_extra +extra_search +farsi +file_in_path
      +find_in_path +folding -footer +gettext/dyn -hangul_input +iconv/dyn
      +insert_expand +jumplist +keymap +langmap +libcall +linebreak +lispindent
      +listcmds +localmap +menu +mksession +modify_fname +mouse +mouseshape
      +multi_byte_ime/dyn +multi_lang -netbeans_intg +ole -osfiletype +path_extra
      +perl/dyn -postscript +printer +python/dyn +quickfix +rightleft +ruby/dyn
      +scrollbind +signs +smartindent -sniff +statusline -sun_workshop +syntax
      +tag_binary +tag_old_static -tag_any_white +tcl/dyn -tgetent -termresponse
      +textobjects +title +toolbar +user_commands +vertsplit +virtualedit +visual
      +visualextra +viminfo +vreplace +wildignore +wildmenu +windows +writebackup
      -xfontset -xim -xterm_save
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 3, 2003
        David Rennalls wrote;

        > If I load a file in vim via drag n drop in windows, then do a search
        > using / for a pattern that's not found I get the following output.
        > /pattern
        > /pattern
        > "Search hit BOTTOM, continuing at TOP"
        > Hit ENTER or type command to continue
        >
        > "Search hit BOTTOM, continuing at TOP" <--pressing enter once gives
        > this line again
        > E486: Pattern not found: pattern <--pressing enter second
        > time gives this (expected)
        >
        > Performing the same search again with no match only gives the "E486:
        > Pattern not found: pattern" result which is expected. Similarly if the
        > first search had a match I get the following
        >
        > /pattern
        > /pattern
        > Hit ENTER or type command to continue
        >
        > This only seems to happen if the file drag n dropped the file into vim.

        I cannot reproduce this problem. Any specific settings that you are
        using? Especially the 'shortmess' option.

        --
        Overflow on /dev/null, please empty the bit bucket.