Re: Weird errors on :exec in :com on strings referencing script variables

    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 2, 2003
      Preben Guldberg wrote:

      > I have noticed that an :exec as part of a :command defined in a
      > different script which references a script local variable some times
      > works, sometimes not. It took me a while to drum up a reproducable
      > example that will eventually work on some systems.

      In the scripts you give ":exec" isn't used. You probably mean using
      ":source".

      > Anyway, my test setup contains three files. The first one holds these
      > functions and command:
      [...]

      > the result on a "FreeBSD 4.7-RELEASE-p13 i386" machine is this:

      I get the same thing three times. This is on FreeBSD 4.8.

      I can't explain that the behavior changes after doing it two times. I
      checked that the script ID is properly restored after a failed command.
      Hopefully this is not a compiler bug. Did you try removing "-O2" from
      the compilation command?

      > It seems machine dependent whether it will work eventually or not. I am
      > sure I saw the same on a Solaris 8 machine with vim 6.2.14. On a Mac OS
      > X 10.2.6 I keep getting E121 and E15 no matter how many times the
      > edit/write/source cycle appears in run.vim.

      The features Vim was compiled with might matter. I tried with and
      without GUI but that didn't make a change for me.

      --
      TALL KNIGHT: We shall say Ni! again to you if you do not appease us.
      ARTHUR: All right! What do you want?