VisVim and Visual Basic 6

  • Hofmann, Joachim
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 1, 2003
      Hello,

      I once tried VisVim with MS Visual Basic 6 and I could not make it work with
      it, but it worked with my MS Visual C++.

      So, to improve my knowledge of VB 6 add in programming, I did a rudimentary
      but working vim addin for VB 6.

      Am I right that there is no other working addin for VB6 around? If I am, I
      would improve my own addin to make it more reliable etc.

      Joachim

      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2003
        Joachim Hofmann wrote:

        > I once tried VisVim with MS Visual Basic 6 and I could not make it work with
        > it, but it worked with my MS Visual C++.
        >
        > So, to improve my knowledge of VB 6 add in programming, I did a rudimentary
        > but working vim addin for VB 6.
        >
        > Am I right that there is no other working addin for VB6 around? If I am, I
        > would improve my own addin to make it more reliable etc.

        Quite often people ask for using Vim as a plugin. I certainly encourage
        modular tools instead of monolitic tools. Thus if you can make your VB
        addin work nicely I'm sure many people will want to use it.

        --
        FIRST HEAD: All right! All right! We'll kill him first and then have tea and
        biscuits.

      • Vince Negri
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 1, 2003
          > > Am I right that there is no other working addin for VB6 around? If I am,
          > > would improve my own addin to make it more reliable etc.

          > Quite often people ask for using Vim as a plugin. I certainly encourage
          > modular tools instead of monolitic tools. Thus if you can make your VB
          > addin work nicely I'm sure many people will want to use it.

          Certainly, given that the VB editor is very poor compared to
          the VC++ one.

          It would also be very nice to have a VB5-compatible version
          too - I think the API is the same? I have to use VB5 here
          at work sometimes.. <shudder>

          Vince