Persian Standard Keyboard Layout keymap for Vim

  • Behnam Esfahbod , Amir Hedayaty
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 17, 2003
      We have created the Persian-Iranian keymap file for Vim based on Persian
      Standard Keyboard Layout.

      As utf-8 is the only encoding for Persian on Linux, we have implemented
      this layout only in utf-8.

      Known Bugs:
      - AltGr isn't supported, cause of there is no AltGr in US keyboard.
      - Shift+Space doesn't work; you should use Shift-B for ZWNJ.

      Newbie Instruction:
      - Copy these two files to /usr/share/vim/vim6x/keymap/
      - Use
      :set keymap=persian
      in Vim command mode, or append it to ~/.vimrc

      Have fun...

      --
      Behnam Esfahbod [ behnam@... ]
      Amir Hedayaty [ amir@... ]