Swedish translation of Vim

  • Johan Svedberg
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 8, 2003
      Hi!

      I have now finished the swedish translation of Vim, you can find it
      online at:
      http://www.acc.umu.se/~winkle/hf/translation/vim/sv.po

      All comments/remarks are very welcome.

      Further I plan to make the swedish menu- and tutortranslation as soon as
      I get some time off. I do however have one question regarding this; how
      do I generate the menu file template in which I can translate?

      --
      Johan Svedberg, winkle@..., http://www.acc.umu.se/~winkle
    • Nikolai Weibull
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 9, 2003
        * Johan Svedberg <winkle@...> [Aug, 09 2003 14:01]:

        > All comments/remarks are very welcome.

        It's a bit too translational (if that's a word ;-). It contains too
        many word-by-word translations in my opinion. Example:
        #: buffer.c:1500
        msgid "W14: Warning: List of file names overflow"
        msgstr "W14: Varning: Lista över filnamn flödar över"
        I don't know quite what this warning is for, but it sounds like
        msgstr "W14: Varning: Foor laong lista av filnamn"
        or
        msgstr "W14: Varning: Listan oover filnamn aer foor laong"
        would be a better translation.
        Anyway, good to see that someone has put some effort into this.
        Hopefully things like these will make Vim even more popular ;-)
        nikolai

        --
        ::: name: Nikolai Weibull :: aliases: pcp / lone-star :::
        ::: born: Chicago, IL USA :: loc atm: Gothenburg, Sweden :::
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 12, 2003
          On 2003-08-08 19:32+0200 Johan Svedberg wrote:

          > Hi!
          >
          > I have now finished the swedish translation of Vim, you can find it
          > online at:
          > http://www.acc.umu.se/~winkle/hf/translation/vim/sv.po
          >
          > All comments/remarks are very welcome.

          Nice work. This will be language number 16 Vim is translated to.

          > Further I plan to make the swedish menu- and tutortranslation as soon
          > as I get some time off. I do however have one question regarding this;
          > how do I generate the menu file template in which I can translate?

          One way of doing it is using an existing file as a template. Find a
          pretty new language file with a language close to Swedish and modify it
          to your likings.

          Regards,
          Øyvind A. Holm
          60.39494°N 5.33016°E