Re: command-line IDE with VIM?

  • Benji Fisher
    Message 1 of 21 , Aug 7 5:25 AM
      Joe Krahn wrote:
      > David Necas (Yeti) wrote:
      >
      >> From this description it seems to me you want :make and
      >> :cw, existing in vim for ages. Only you have to double-click
      >> the error instead of clicking (or press Enter, which works
      >> in terminal too).
      >

      > Ah! That's about half way there, but I didn't know about it.
      > Someday soon, I need to read the whole Vim manual and see what
      > goodies I'm missing.

      One plaec to start is the table of contents for the users' manual:

      :help toc

      > Now, if only gdb were incorporated to a similar level,
      > plus "tooltips" to show function prototypes and macro
      > definitions with "mouse over", as well as prototypes
      > as you type.

      Here are a few pointers that may help:

      http://www.vim.org/scripts/script_search_results.php?keywords=gdb&script_type=&order_by=rating&direction=descending&search=search

      (or search for "gdb" under "Search for Scripts" at
      http://www.vim.org/search.php ). I have not tried any of these myself.

      http://users.erols.com/astronaut/vim/#Cfunc

      Dr. C's system for tool tips (also not tested by me: I have not worked
      with C for a long time).

      :help CurorHold

      [snip]
      > Anyhow, I'll check out the exiting Vim commands and Agide,
      > maybe do some code hacking/contributing.

      Good luck!

      HTH --Benji Fisher