Re: Build options to get the 'autochdir' option

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 3, 2003
      Yegappan Lakshmanan wrote:

      > Currently the 'autochdir' option is available only if Vim is
      > compiled with the 'netbeans_intg' or 'sun_workshop' compile-time
      > options. I think, the 'autochdir' option will be useful to
      > everyone and this option should be available by default.

      It is only a matter of time until you discover the disadvantages of
      'autochdir'. I recommend against using it, it changes directory way too
      often. It was only added for backwards compatibility with Sun Workshop.

      --
      Have you heard about the new Beowulf cluster? It's so fast, it executes
      an infinite loop in 6 seconds.

    • Mikolaj Machowski
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 3, 2003
        On Sun, Aug 03, 2003 at 08:24:00PM +0200, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
        > Yegappan Lakshmanan wrote:
        > > Currently the 'autochdir' option is available only if Vim is
        > > compiled with the 'netbeans_intg' or 'sun_workshop' compile-time
        > > options. I think, the 'autochdir' option will be useful to
        > > everyone and this option should be available by default.
        > It is only a matter of time until you discover the disadvantages of
        > 'autochdir'. I recommend against using it, it changes directory way too
        > often. It was only added for backwards compatibility with Sun Workshop.

        Maybe --enable-autochdir ./configure option?

        m.
        Vim-list(s) Users Map: (last change 27 May)
        http://skawina.eu.org/mikolaj/vimlist
        Are You There?