Re: Build options to get the 'autochdir' option

  • David Necas (Yeti)
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 3 10:35 AM
      On Sun, Aug 03, 2003 at 10:29:20AM -0700, Yegappan Lakshmanan wrote:
      > Currently the 'autochdir' option is available only if Vim is
      > compiled with the 'netbeans_intg' or 'sun_workshop' compile-time
      > options. I think, the 'autochdir' option will be useful to
      > everyone and this option should be available by default.

      :command -nargs=0 GotoDir execute "cd " . expand("%:h")
      :autocmd BufEnter * silent GotoDir

      and it even can't crash vim ;-)

      Regards,

      Yeti

      --
      Do not use tab characters. Their effect is not predictable.
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 3 11:24 AM
        Yegappan Lakshmanan wrote:

        > Currently the 'autochdir' option is available only if Vim is
        > compiled with the 'netbeans_intg' or 'sun_workshop' compile-time
        > options. I think, the 'autochdir' option will be useful to
        > everyone and this option should be available by default.

        It is only a matter of time until you discover the disadvantages of
        'autochdir'. I recommend against using it, it changes directory way too
        often. It was only added for backwards compatibility with Sun Workshop.

        --
        Have you heard about the new Beowulf cluster? It's so fast, it executes
        an infinite loop in 6 seconds.

      • Mikolaj Machowski
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 3 12:29 PM
          On Sun, Aug 03, 2003 at 08:24:00PM +0200, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
          > Yegappan Lakshmanan wrote:
          > > Currently the 'autochdir' option is available only if Vim is
          > > compiled with the 'netbeans_intg' or 'sun_workshop' compile-time
          > > options. I think, the 'autochdir' option will be useful to
          > > everyone and this option should be available by default.
          > It is only a matter of time until you discover the disadvantages of
          > 'autochdir'. I recommend against using it, it changes directory way too
          > often. It was only added for backwards compatibility with Sun Workshop.

          Maybe --enable-autochdir ./configure option?

          m.
          Vim-list(s) Users Map: (last change 27 May)
          http://skawina.eu.org/mikolaj/vimlist
          Are You There?