Build options to get the 'autochdir' option

  • Yegappan Lakshmanan
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 3, 2003
      Hi all,

      Currently the 'autochdir' option is available only if Vim is
      compiled with the 'netbeans_intg' or 'sun_workshop' compile-time
      options. I think, the 'autochdir' option will be useful to
      everyone and this option should be available by default.

      - Yegappan

      http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
    • David Necas (Yeti)
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 3, 2003
        On Sun, Aug 03, 2003 at 10:29:20AM -0700, Yegappan Lakshmanan wrote:
        > Currently the 'autochdir' option is available only if Vim is
        > compiled with the 'netbeans_intg' or 'sun_workshop' compile-time
        > options. I think, the 'autochdir' option will be useful to
        > everyone and this option should be available by default.

        :command -nargs=0 GotoDir execute "cd " . expand("%:h")
        :autocmd BufEnter * silent GotoDir

        and it even can't crash vim ;-)

        Regards,

        Yeti

        --
        Do not use tab characters. Their effect is not predictable.
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 3, 2003
          Yegappan Lakshmanan wrote:

          > Currently the 'autochdir' option is available only if Vim is
          > compiled with the 'netbeans_intg' or 'sun_workshop' compile-time
          > options. I think, the 'autochdir' option will be useful to
          > everyone and this option should be available by default.

          It is only a matter of time until you discover the disadvantages of
          'autochdir'. I recommend against using it, it changes directory way too
          often. It was only added for backwards compatibility with Sun Workshop.

          --
          Have you heard about the new Beowulf cluster? It's so fast, it executes
          an infinite loop in 6 seconds.

        • Mikolaj Machowski
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 3, 2003
            On Sun, Aug 03, 2003 at 08:24:00PM +0200, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
            > Yegappan Lakshmanan wrote:
            > > Currently the 'autochdir' option is available only if Vim is
            > > compiled with the 'netbeans_intg' or 'sun_workshop' compile-time
            > > options. I think, the 'autochdir' option will be useful to
            > > everyone and this option should be available by default.
            > It is only a matter of time until you discover the disadvantages of
            > 'autochdir'. I recommend against using it, it changes directory way too
            > often. It was only added for backwards compatibility with Sun Workshop.

            Maybe --enable-autochdir ./configure option?

            m.
            Vim-list(s) Users Map: (last change 27 May)
            http://skawina.eu.org/mikolaj/vimlist
            Are You There?