incsearch bug?

  • Miroslaw Dobrzanski-Neumann
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 29, 2003
      Hi,

      While looking for a way of performing a search in a buffer region such as a
      block I tried to do following

      :678/string

      although the incsearch was set the so far typed pattern was not shown

      but performing a normal search:

      /string

      the so far typed pattern was shown

      From vim online help
      incsearch:
      While typing a search pattern, show immediately where the so far
      typed pattern matches. ...

      I would expect the same behaviour for all kinds of search.

      BTW: how can I specify the buffer region in which the search should be
      performed?

      Regards
      --
      Mirosław Dobrzański-Neumann