Re: problems building vim 6.2 with visual C++ 6.0

  • BStrohhaecker@hueller-hille.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 2, 2003

      Sorry, no more ideas.

      The following works fine for me:

      call d:\VS\VC98\Bin\VCVARS32.BAT
      nmake -f Make_mvc.mak CSCOPE=yes
      nmake -f Make_mvc.mak CSCOPE=yes GUI=yes OLE=yes

      Bernd, using w2k, vim 6.2.17, vs c++ 6.0
    • Vince Negri
      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 2, 2003
        I have no problems building with VC++6 (same version
        of nmake), but I get my source from CVS as opposed to the
        tarballs.

        Since the problem seems to be access to the 'f:\vim62\src\objgo\vc60.pdb'
        file, you might be able to cast light on the problem by using FileMon from
        the www.sysinternals.com site. This will trace all the file accesses during
        the build process.

      • Holger Ditting
        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 2, 2003
          On Jul 2, 9:14, BStrohhaecker@... wrote:
          > Subject: Re: problems building vim 6.2 with visual C++ 6.0
          > > [...]
          >
          > There is IMHO a simple bug anywhere in the makefile (?).
          >
          > The directories for the objects are not created automatically.
          >
          > Build it / them manually.
          >
          > c:\uti\vim\vim62\src>md objc (for console vim)
          > c:\uti\vim\vim62\src>md objGO (for GUI vim)
          >
          > HTH, Bernd

          This is not the problems. These directories are created.

          Holger.