Re: Win32 port of Vim Netbeans interface

  • Dan Sharp
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 26, 2003
      Khorev Sergey wrote:

      > I'm proud to announce the port of Vim's Netbeans interface on Win32 :)))

      Looks prety good so far. Thanks for putting in the time!

      > How to build:
      > Apply patch against Vim 6.2.14 as usual with "patch -p0 <
      > vim62netbeans.diff". To compile Vim with Netbeans support using MSVC or
      > MinGW, use NETBEANS=yes
      > in the MAKE commandline.
      > If you want XPM signs, download XPM from
      > http://www.inria.fr/koala/lehors/xpm.html or use precompiled libXPM library
      > from http://iamphet.nm.ru/xpm (for MSVC) or http://gnuwin32.sf.net (for
      > MinGW).

      Do you need to put the header files in the archive with the xpm.lib on
      your site? I got the library, but was unable to compile because the
      headers were missing.

      In these cases you need to add to MAKE commandline
      > XPM=yes XPMDIR=path_where_XPM_headers_and_library_are_located.

      Small suggestion: instead of making the XPM option yes/no and having to
      give the extra XPMDIR option, why not make it like the PERL, PYTHON,
      RUBY, and TCL options and give the path in XPM. In the makefiles you
      can just check 'ifdef XPM' and use $(XPM) where you currently use $(XPMDIR).

      > How to use:
      > 1) With Netbeans - get ExtEditor module (see ":help netbeans" in Vim).
      > Also you need to apply patch to (and then recompile) ExtEditor sources.
      > You can get the patch from http://iamphet.nm.ru/vim/ExtEditor_patch.gz,
      > also it'll appear in Vim src directory after you applied vim62netbeans.diff
      > (file ExtEdCaret.java.diff). Maybe now it is just included in the main
      > ExtEditor distribution. I didn't fully understand Sun Public License, so
      > didn't publish patched
      > ExtEditor on my site.
      > The quick and (very) dirty way to compile ExtEditor module can be obtained
      > from http://iamphet.nm.ru/vim/exted_compile.txt.

      I had trouble with the instuctions for adding the recompiled class files
      to the .jar file. I ended up just unjarring the file, overwriting the
      .class files with the new ones, and then jarring them back up. Just had
      to remember to give the m option to jar.exe and point it to the existing
      manifest file, otherwise Netbeans wouldn't load the module.

      > In the Netbeans External Editor settings dialog either change Vim command
      > line to gvim -nb:{host}:{port}:{password} or set to this one User1 (or
      > User2) commands.

      Oh sure, NOW I read this :) I was playing last night and didn't have
      this message handy, so it took a few minutes of trial and error to get
      it running. I did eventually get it down to the above command and got
      it working. I was able to click a file in Netbeans and it opened in
      Gvim. I clicked on the method and field listings and it jumped to the
      correct part of the file in Gvim. Looks pretty good so far. I will
      have to get my coworker who has much more Netbeans experience and some
      Gvim experience to give it a try.

      Dan Sharp
    • Khorev Sergey
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 27, 2003
        > Do you need to put the header files in the archive with the
        > xpm.lib on
        > your site? I got the library, but was unable to compile because the
        > headers were missing.

        I'll correct this.

        > Small suggestion: instead of making the XPM option yes/no and
        > having to
        > give the extra XPMDIR option, why not make it like the PERL, PYTHON,
        > RUBY, and TCL options and give the path in XPM. In the makefiles you
        > can just check 'ifdef XPM' and use $(XPM) where you currently
        > use $(XPMDIR).

        I'll fix this too :)))

        > I had trouble with the instuctions for adding the recompiled
        > class files
        > to the .jar file. I ended up just unjarring the file,
        > overwriting the
        > .class files with the new ones, and then jarring them back
        > up. Just had
        > to remember to give the m option to jar.exe and point it to
        > the existing
        > manifest file, otherwise Netbeans wouldn't load the module.

        I never programmed in Java, so contrived my own method ;)))

        > it running. I did eventually get it down to the above
        > command and got
        > it working. I was able to click a file in Netbeans and it opened in
        > Gvim. I clicked on the method and field listings and it
        > jumped to the
        > correct part of the file in Gvim. Looks pretty good so far. I will
        > have to get my coworker who has much more Netbeans experience
        > and some
        > Gvim experience to give it a try.

        Thanks a lot, Dan. Now I gained hope that not only me can use Gvim with
        Netbeans interface =)

        --
        Sergey Khorev
        http://iamphet.nm.ru