Patch 6.2f.038

    Message 1 of 2 , May 31, 2003
      Patch 6.2f.038
      Problem: The dependency to run autoconf causes a patch for configure.in
      to run autoconf, even though the configure script was updated as
      well.
      Solution: Only run autoconf with "make autoconf".
      Files: src/Makefile

      *** ../vim-6.2f.037/src/Makefile Mon May 26 22:15:06 2003
      --- src/Makefile Sat May 31 20:51:30 2003
      ***************
      *** 70,76 ****
      # make
      # The configuration phase creates/overwrites auto/config.h and
      # auto/config.mk.
      ! # The configure script is created with autoconf. It can detect
      # different features of your system and act accordingly. However, it is
      # not correct for all systems. Check this:
      # - If you have X windows, but configure could not find it or reported
      --- 70,76 ----
      # make
      # The configuration phase creates/overwrites auto/config.h and
      # auto/config.mk.
      ! # The configure script is created with "make autoconf". It can detect
      # different features of your system and act accordingly. However, it is
      # not correct for all systems. Check this:
      # - If you have X windows, but configure could not find it or reported
      ***************
      *** 503,509 ****

      ### Uncomment things here only if the values chosen by configure are wrong.
      ! ### It's better to adjust configure.in and run autoconf, if you can!
      ### Then send the required changes to configure.in to the bugs list.

      ### (1) BSD/OS 2.0.1, 2.1 or 3.0 using shared libraries
      --- 504,510 ----

      ### Uncomment things here only if the values chosen by configure are wrong.
      ! ### It's better to adjust configure.in and "make autoconf", if you can!
      ### Then send the required changes to configure.in to the bugs list.

      ### (1) BSD/OS 2.0.1, 2.1 or 3.0 using shared libraries
      ***************
      *** 1415,1428 ****
      # Use "myself" to make "all" with a possibly changed auto/config.mk.
      reconfig: scratch config myself

      ! # When configure.in has changed, run autoconf to produce configure.
      ! # If you don't have autoconf, use the existing configure script.
      #
      # Two tricks are required to make autoconf put its output in the "auto" dir:
      # - Temporarily move the ./configure script to ./configure.save. Don't
      # overwrite it, it's probably the result of an aborted autoconf.
      # - Use sed to change ./config.log to auto/config.log in the configure script.
      ! auto/configure: configure.in
      if test ! -f configure.save; then mv configure configure.save; fi
      autoconf
      sed -e 's+\./config.log+auto/config.log+' configure > auto/configure
      --- 1417,1435 ----
      # Use "myself" to make "all" with a possibly changed auto/config.mk.
      reconfig: scratch config myself

      ! # Run autoconf to produce auto/configure.
      ! # Note:
      ! # - DO NOT RUN autoconf MANUALLY! It will overwrite ./configure instead of
      ! # producing auto/configure.
      ! # - autoconf is not run automatically, because a patch usually changes both
      ! # configure.in and auto/configure but can't update the timestamps. People
      ! # who do not have (the correct version of) autoconf would run into trouble.
      #
      # Two tricks are required to make autoconf put its output in the "auto" dir:
      # - Temporarily move the ./configure script to ./configure.save. Don't
      # overwrite it, it's probably the result of an aborted autoconf.
      # - Use sed to change ./config.log to auto/config.log in the configure script.
      ! autoconf:
      if test ! -f configure.save; then mv configure configure.save; fi
      autoconf
      sed -e 's+\./config.log+auto/config.log+' configure > auto/configure
      *** ../vim-6.2f.037/src/version.c Sat May 31 20:02:37 2003
      --- src/version.c Sat May 31 20:51:57 2003
      ***************
      *** 632,633 ****
      --- 632,635 ----
      { /* Add new patch number below this line */
      + /**/
      + 38,
      /**/

      --
      Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't.

    • Ali Akcaagac
      Message 2 of 2 , May 31, 2003
        On Sat, 2003-05-31 at 20:55, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
        > Patch 6.2f.038
        > Problem: The dependency to run autoconf causes a patch for configure.in
        > to run autoconf, even though the configure script was updated as
        > well.
        > Solution: Only run autoconf with "make autoconf".
        > Files: src/Makefile

        Yes, this has solved the issues and everything works as expected again.
        If you ever plan to change the config system as I described earlier then
        let me know I will help you.

        greetings,

        Ali Akcaagac