About command window: bug or feature?

  • Pavel A. Papushev
    Message 1 of 1 , May 31, 2003
      Hi! There are two problems (GUI Vim 6.1, Win2K):

      1) I set 'laststatus'=2, 'cmdwinheight'=1 and 'cmdheight'=1.
      I want to set 'laststatus'=0 when I enter command window and
      return it to 'laststatus'=2 when I leave it:
      :autocmd CmdwinEnter [:\?] set laststatus=0
      :autocmd CmdwinLeave [:\?] set laststatus=2

      But when I press q: (or 'cedit' key in command line) last status line
      disappear, but command window become two lines in height, although
      :call inputdialog(&cmdwinheight)
      from the command window (or after <C-c> from command line) results in 1.

      2) I got used to press Ctrl+Break to leave command window. But autocommand
      'CmdwinLeave' is not executed after Ctrl+Break(but it works after Ctrl+C).

      Pavel