Re: src/xxd/Make-bc3.mak in vim-${VERSION}-extra.tar.gz is a DOS file

  • Walter Briscoe
    Message 1 of 6 , May 2, 2003
      In message <200305020805.h4285KW00776@...> of Fri, 2 May 2003
      10:05:20 in , Bram Moolenaar <Bram@...> writes
      [snip]
      >By the way, I am now using a specific patch.exe (automatically installed
      >with Aap). Since you had trouble with patch programs before, perhaps
      >you can try out this one:
      >
      > http://www.a-a-p.org/packages/patch.exe
      >
      >I would like to know if this one is better or worse than the one you are
      >using now. It is part of the DJGPP distribution, it should work on any
      >Win32 machine.
      I have downloaded it and tested it with my patches to vim62b. Nothing
      interesting to report. It fails as cryptically as my current version
      when I attempt to patch a DOS file assuming it is a DOS file.

      I shall leave it in place. What URL did it come from?
      I may try a hack to give a diagnostic response via djgpp-workers.
      The current response is less than helpful.
      C:\wfb\vim\bld\vim62b> patch --binary -p 0 -b -i "c:\wfb\url\ftp\ftp.vim.org\pub\vim\patches\deltas\Make_bc3.mak.diff
      patching file "src/xxd/Make_bc3.mak"
      Hunk #1 FAILED at 2.
      1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file "src/xxd/Make_bc3.mak.rej"

      C:\wfb\vim\bld\vim62b>

      If you here no more from me, you may reckon I have found nothing more to
      object to in it.
      --
      Walter Briscoe
      Message 2 of 6 , May 2, 2003
        Walter Briscoe wrote:

        > In message <200305020805.h4285KW00776@...> of Fri, 2 May 2003
        > 10:05:20 in , Bram Moolenaar <Bram@...> writes
        > [snip]
        > >By the way, I am now using a specific patch.exe (automatically installed
        > >with Aap). Since you had trouble with patch programs before, perhaps
        > >you can try out this one:
        > >
        > > http://www.a-a-p.org/packages/patch.exe
        > >
        > >I would like to know if this one is better or worse than the one you are
        > >using now. It is part of the DJGPP distribution, it should work on any
        > >Win32 machine.
        >
        > I have downloaded it and tested it with my patches to vim62b. Nothing
        > interesting to report. It fails as cryptically as my current version
        > when I attempt to patch a DOS file assuming it is a DOS file.

        Hmm, that is not ideal. I wonder if anyone knows a patch.exe that is
        more permissive (and freely distributable!).

        > I shall leave it in place. What URL did it come from?

        ftp://ftp.simtel.net/pub/simtelnet/gnu/djgpp/v2gnu/pat253b.zip

        148. You find it easier to dial-up the National Weather Service
        Weather/your_town/now.html than to simply look out the window.