Re: Vim version 6.2b ALPHA available

  • Wichert Akkerman
    Message 1 of 41 , May 1, 2003
      Previously Bob Hiestand wrote:
      > This is an interesting perspective. In what way does CVS do
      > branches poorly?

      I'm not aware of any way in which CVS does poorly (or at least more
      poorly than it normally is). Perhaps it would be interesting so setup
      a subversion repository for vim is there is enough interest.

      Wichert.

      --
      Wichert Akkerman <wichert@...> It is simple to make things.
      http://www.wiggy.net/ It is hard to make things simple.
      Message 41 of 41 , May 1, 2003
        On Thu, 1 May 2003, Wichert Akkerman wrote:

        > Previously David Brown wrote:
        > > Well, this isn't a bash-CVS mailing list, but just say it is a
        > > consequence of CVS being just a little more than a bunch of RCS files.
        > > The branch does not exist as a cohesive whole. You just have some
        > > subset of your files with an RCS branch. If you're lucky enough to get
        > > your tags right, you might even be able to refer to that same set of
        > > files again.
        >
        > Getting the tags wrong would be an impressive demonstration of not being
        > able to run a very simple command correctly. I've never seen problems
        > with that.

        I haven't seen that sort of problems either. Moving directories is another
        story.

        > Wichert.

        Kind regards,

        Aschwin Marsman

        --
        aYniK Software Solutions all You need is Knowledge
        Bedrijvenpark Twente 305 NL-7602 KL Almelo - the Netherlands