Re: Vim version 6.2b ALPHA available

  • Alejandro Lopez-Valencia
    Message 1 of 41 , Apr 29, 2003
      At 04:53 a.m. 29/04/2003, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
      > > It works with iso-8859-2 (Win version).
      >
      >I thought the problem was that dynamically loading the iconv 1.8 dll
      >didn't work. Is this a non-problem?

      Still a problem for me until I compiled my own copy this morning!!!.

      Nikolaj, two questions: (1) What's the origin of the DLL you are using
      presently. (2) What compiler was used to compile both the DLL and your copy
      of Vim?

      My copy of iconv was compiled with Mingw's GCC. My gvim with Cygwin's
      -mno-cygwin option (another version of Mingw for all intent).

      For the record, I have tried Iconv 1.8 DLLs from three different places:

      http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net/ -> compiled with mingw
      http://gettext.sourceforge.net/ -> compiled with MSVC?
      http://mingrep.sourceforge.net/ -> compiled with mingw

      After fighting with all these binary distros, I took the source code bundle
      libiconv-1.8-w32-1.src.tgz from http://gettext.sf.net/, configured with:

      $ ./configure CC="gcc -mno-cygwin -march=i386" --disable-nls
      --enable-extra-encodings --build=mingw32 --host=mingw32 --target=mingw32
      --enable-shared --disable-static

      And finished creating the DLL by hand. The only differenc is I am using
      more a more recent GNU ld and Mingw runtime files.
    • Aschwin Marsman
      Message 41 of 41 , May 1, 2003
        On Thu, 1 May 2003, Wichert Akkerman wrote:

        > Previously David Brown wrote:
        > > Well, this isn't a bash-CVS mailing list, but just say it is a
        > > consequence of CVS being just a little more than a bunch of RCS files.
        > > The branch does not exist as a cohesive whole. You just have some
        > > subset of your files with an RCS branch. If you're lucky enough to get
        > > your tags right, you might even be able to refer to that same set of
        > > files again.
        >
        > Getting the tags wrong would be an impressive demonstration of not being
        > able to run a very simple command correctly. I've never seen problems
        > with that.

        I haven't seen that sort of problems either. Moving directories is another
        story.

        > Wichert.

        Kind regards,

        Aschwin Marsman

        --
        aYniK Software Solutions all You need is Knowledge
        Bedrijvenpark Twente 305 NL-7602 KL Almelo - the Netherlands