Re: [vimdev] Incorrect EBCDIC keyboard behavior

  • Charles E. Campbell
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 2 6:23 AM
      On Tue, Apr 01, 2003 at 05:05:51PM -0500, Anthony Giorgio wrote:
      > I believe vim is not handling the correct sequence of escape characters the
      > terminal is generating, and there may still be extra characters in the
      > buffer.
      >
      > Here is the sequence of binary EBCDIC characters that my terminal (and a
      > co-worker's) generate on our IBM z/900 mainframe...
      >
      > Home and end generate different characters from our terminals.
      >
      > /* Home2 - 39 (Esc), 173 ([), 200 (H) */

      This problem is not a Vim problem, Vim is a victim -- of an incorrect
      terminal description. Normally that's a termcap or terminfo issue.

      If you can't fix the termcap/terminfo entry for your terminal, try using
      maps to fix things. For an example, consider using

      map <Esc>[H <Home>

      That way the escape sequence that your <Home> key generates will be
      mapped to whatever Vim (ie. your termcap/terminfo) thinks it should be.

      Regards,
      C Campbell

      --
      Charles E Campbell, Jr, PhD _ __ __