Feature reguest: section and paragraphs separators

  • Lubomir Host
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 3, 2003
      Hellou!

      Section and paragraphs separators seems to be hardcoded in vim
      source. Options 'paragraphs' and 'sectios' allow set nroff macros,
      which are used as paragraph/section separators, but these separators
      must start with '.' as a first character on the line. I have not
      found way, how to set paragraph separator e.g. for TeX/LaTeX files.

      Yes, empty line can be used as paragraph separator, but sometimes
      (everytimes) is this not possible. An example is LaTeX code:

      -----------------------------------%<-----------------------------------
      This is text in first paragraph, which will be formated with 'gqap'
      command. Formating of the Einstein's formula will be unchanged, because
      it is 2nd paragraph. New empty line cann't be used, because I dont' want
      greatest space between text and formula in document. Einstein's formula
      follows:
      \begin{equation}
      E = m c^2
      \label{Einstein}
      \end{equation}
      Here is the 3th paragraph (Einstein's formula will be considered as 2nd
      paragraph).

      Probably '.' character will be new vim option and not only one
      character, but list of characters. The default value can be set to
      '.' -- for compatibility with oldest versions of vim. My setup for
      *.tex files will be:

      :set new_paragraph_dot_separator +="\\,%" -- backslash and % sign
      :set para="been" -- \begin and \end are paragraphs separators

      --
      Lubomir Host 'rajo' <rajo AT platon.sk>
      Platon software development group