Re: gtk2 patch feedback

  • Daniel Elstner
    Message 1 of 11 , Feb 25, 2003
      On Mit, 2003-02-26 at 02:18, Jungshik Shin wrote:

      > Thank you for your great work and keeping me informed.

      No prob.

      > Because NAM Sung-hyun has already written to you with his new patch to
      > take care
      > of IM issue, I'm only writing about CJK bi-width ('fixed width') font
      > issue. It seems like
      > I failed to convey to you what is at the issue. Your new patch solves
      > most of
      > the problem but not the whole.
      >
      > There are four scenarios we have to consider:
      >
      > a. guifont = Non_CJK_fixed (e.g. Courier)
      > b. guifont = CJK_bi_width (e.g. Gulimche)
      > c. guifont = Non_CJK_fixed
      > guifontwide=CJK_bi_width
      > d. guifont = Non_CJK_fixed,CJK_biwidth

      [ lots of detailed explanation skipped ]

      Thanks heaps for explaining all this stuff en detail. I'm always eager
      to learn when it comes to i18n -- it surely is a fascinating topic.

      As a reward I merged your patch ;-)

      http://regexxer.sourceforge.net/vim/vim-gtk2-20030226.patch.gz

      Thanks a lot,
      --Daniel