Re: FTP runtime--current and complete?

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 24, 2003
      Steve Hall wrote:

      > > The runtime files on the ftp server are the most recent ones. They
      > > should be complete. But they are uploaded in a different way than
      > > how the archives are produced, I have not verified that they are
      > > 100% the same.
      >
      > They are quite a different set as the attached (zipped) runtime.diff
      > will attest. Particularly many of the .man, .ps, .info and macro files
      > existing in the archive are missing from the FTP.
      >
      > This is further complicated by some of the missing files being
      > included in vim-6.1-extra.tar.gz, but then it includes still more not
      > found on FTP.

      Thanks for the overview. I'll upload the missing files, except the
      Amiga specific ones (no updates for these).

      > I guess I'm trying to understand what should be included in a Windows
      > Nullsoft installer without just blindly including everything. (BTW,
      > might CVS have a better view?)

      The Makefile in the toplevel directory contains the list of files that
      go into the MS-Windows runtime archive. Those are the files that should
      go in the NSIS installable executable.

      --
      If your life is a hard drive,
      Christ can be your backup.