Printing patch - user selectable encodings.

  • Mike Williams
    Message 1 of 20 , Feb 2, 2003
      Hi,

      At last some free time :) Attached are patches and new runtime files
      to support print-time selectable font character encodings with
      PostScript printing, first discussed a couple of weeks ago.

      The aim of this patch is to purely support 8-bit character printing
      (although utf-8 single byte characters will also be printed - multi-
      byte characters are still replaced with spaces!) The PS resource
      files have been renamed and relocated to a new runtime directory
      called 'print' (see print.zip). VIm now looks for the resource files
      according to 'runtimepath', so you can create your own versions.
      Included is a new font encoding file to support latin2/iso-8859-2
      encoding. Additional encodings can be supported by just writing new
      resource files.

      The changes also mean it would now be possible to support multiple
      encodings when printing a file - a starting point for printing
      unicode files. Just need to add code to detect which encodings are
      needed and when to switch between fonts with the different encodings.

      There is a new option - 'printencoding' - which if set is used to
      locate the font encoding resource file. If it is empty, then
      'encoding' is used to locate the resource file. If there is no file
      for the current value of 'encoding' then "latin1" will be used.
      Included is full documentation on 'printencoding' and what you need
      to do to define your own new encoding. (The resource files have been
      renamed since they now follow a new naming scheme based on the
      possible values for 'encoding'.)

      I have added a check at the start of printing to catch when the
      current character encoding is multi-byte (other than utf-8) since all
      that happens with them before was printing empty pages - not much us
      really.

      All the previous printing support files (runtime/*.ps) can be safely
      deleted after applyting this patch.

      The patch was created against 6.1p312 and has only been compiled and
      tested on Win2K with VC6sp5.

      Enjoy. TTFN.

      Mike
      --
      Schrodenger's cat? Sorry, haven't seen it.
    • Mikolaj Machowski
      Message 2 of 20 , Feb 2, 2003
        On Sun, Feb 02, 2003 at 04:00:07PM -0000, Mike Williams wrote:
        > Hi,
        > At last some free time :) Attached are patches and new runtime files
        > to support print-time selectable font character encodings with
        > PostScript printing, first discussed a couple of weeks ago.

        Great :)
        I have made some experiments with various encodings but
        it did not working for me. Probably I don't know enough
        about ps :(

        > The aim of this patch is to purely support 8-bit character printing
        > (although utf-8 single byte characters will also be printed - multi-
        > byte characters are still replaced with spaces!) The PS resource
        > files have been renamed and relocated to a new runtime directory
        > called 'print' (see print.zip). VIm now looks for the resource files
        > according to 'runtimepath', so you can create your own versions.
        > Included is a new font encoding file to support latin2/iso-8859-2
        > encoding. Additional encodings can be supported by just writing new
        > resource files.

        I found some places with encoding vector tables for iso. Where should I
        send vim files for this encodings? To you for testing or here (dev-list)
        or to Bram?

        > The patch was created against 6.1p312 and has only been compiled and
        > tested on Win2K with VC6sp5.

        Or is it possible to unpatch source with Patch files which Bram is
        sending? Hmm. -R option looks nice. OK patches reversed, patches applied
        and... don't work :( Compiled without problems, make test ALL DONE,
        recognizes printencoding option (complete patch should also take care
        about tags file, interesting, there are items about errors), hardcopy
        command but doesn't printing at all.

        Here is the proper line
        'printencoding' options.txt /*'printencoding'*

        Mdk9, gcc 3.2,

        Some remarks about patches:
        String (default empty, except for:
        + PC: cp1250,
        + Macintosh: mac,
        + VMS: vms,
        + EBCDIC: ebcdic)

        s/PC/MS-Windows/
        Linux is also PC :)

        s/cp1250/cp1252/
        cp1250 is East European encoding. For western languages MS standard is
        cp1252 (IIRC this is equal to latin1, but with MS nobody knows... ;). The
        same in line 43 of src.diff.

        m.
      • Mikolaj Machowski
        Message 3 of 20 , Feb 2, 2003
          On Sun, Feb 02, 2003 at 08:35:25PM +0100, Mikolaj Machowski wrote:
          > > The patch was created against 6.1p312 and has only been compiled and
          > > tested on Win2K with VC6sp5.
          > Or is it possible to unpatch source with Patch files which Bram is
          > sending? Hmm. -R option looks nice. OK patches reversed, patches applied
          > and... don't work :( Compiled without problems, make test ALL DONE,
          > recognizes printencoding option hardcopy command but doesn't printing at all.

          I wasn't very precise. After writing file with one line:

          Jaźń zażółć gęślą.

          (test line for pletters). And issuing :hardcopy > test.ps command I am
          getting this (printencoding is set in .vimrc to iso-8859-2):
          -------------------
          %!PS-Adobe-3.0
          %%Title: ttttt
          %%For: Unknown
          %%Creator: VIM - Vi IMproved 6.1 (2002 Mar 24)
          %%CreationDate: Mon Feb 3 00:55:07 2003
          %%DocumentData: Clean8Bit
          %%Orientation: Portrait
          %%Pages: (atend)
          %%PageOrder: Ascend
          %%BoundingBox: 59 49 564 800
          %%DocumentMedia: A4 595 842 0 () ()
          %%DocumentNeededResources: font Courier Courier-Bold Courier-Oblique Courier-BoldOblique
          -------------------

          vim 6.1.312 with Mike's patch, --enable-gui=gtk --with-features=big
          (+printer +postscript are there). gcc 3.2, Mdk9. Removed all *.ps files
          from /usr/local/share/vim/vim61.

          Mikolaj
        • Mike Williams
          Message 4 of 20 , Feb 3, 2003
            Hi

            On 3 Feb 2003 at 1:03, Mikolaj Machowski wrote:

            > I wasn't very precise. After writing file with one line:
            >
            > Ja za ¢ g l .
            >
            > (test line for pletters). And issuing :hardcopy > test.ps command I am
            > getting this (printencoding is set in .vimrc to iso-8859-2):
            > -------------------
            > %!PS-Adobe-3.0
            > %%Title: ttttt
            > %%For: Unknown
            > %%Creator: VIM - Vi IMproved 6.1 (2002 Mar 24)
            > %%CreationDate: Mon Feb 3 00:55:07 2003
            > %%DocumentData: Clean8Bit
            > %%Orientation: Portrait
            > %%Pages: (atend)
            > %%PageOrder: Ascend
            > %%BoundingBox: 59 49 564 800
            > %%DocumentMedia: A4 595 842 0 () ()
            > %%DocumentNeededResources: font Courier Courier-Bold Courier-Oblique Courier-BoldOblique
            > -------------------

            Ok, looks like VIM could not find the encoding resource file - the
            next thing it does after writing out the document needed resources.
            And the code is missing putting out an error message when this
            happens. It will be in the next patch sent out.

            Make sure the file iso-8859-2 is in either $VIMRUNTIME/print or in a
            subdirectory called print in a directory in your runtimepath -
            ~/.vim/print I guess if you are using Linux.

            Mike
            --
            A swift kick in the butt is no way to get a dragon's attention.
          • Mike Williams
            Message 5 of 20 , Feb 3, 2003
              Hi,

              On 2 Feb 2003 at 20:35, Mikolaj Machowski wrote:

              > On Sun, Feb 02, 2003 at 04:00:07PM -0000, Mike Williams wrote:

              > I found some places with encoding vector tables for iso. Where should I
              > send vim files for this encodings? To you for testing or here (dev-list)
              > or to Bram?

              Best to send them to the list to be picked up by whoever when they
              can. I guess early candidates are the tables from a2ps and enscript.

              > > The patch was created against 6.1p312 and has only been compiled and
              > > tested on Win2K with VC6sp5.
              >
              > Or is it possible to unpatch source with Patch files which Bram is
              > sending? Hmm. -R option looks nice. OK patches reversed, patches applied
              > and... don't work :( Compiled without problems, make test ALL DONE,
              > recognizes printencoding option (complete patch should also take care
              > about tags file, interesting, there are items about errors), hardcopy
              > command but doesn't printing at all.
              >
              > Here is the proper line
              > 'printencoding' options.txt /*'printencoding'*

              Thanks.

              > Some remarks about patches:
              > String (default empty, except for:
              > + PC: cp1250,
              > + Macintosh: mac,
              > + VMS: vms,
              > + EBCDIC: ebcdic)
              >
              > s/PC/MS-Windows/
              > Linux is also PC :)

              Ok, what I wasn't sure about is OS2 - I know it was supposed to be an
              equivalent Windows platform but I don't know if this is also true for
              code page support. And then there is still good ol' DOS - shudder.
              Trying to define the similarities and differences between MS-DOS,
              Win16, Win32, and OS/2 is not clear. I guess MS-DOS, Windows, and
              OS/2 is the best thing to put in.

              Hmm, 'runtimepath' does not equate PC with Linux, assuming Linux is
              implicit under Unix. ;-)

              > s/cp1250/cp1252/
              > cp1250 is East European encoding. For western languages MS standard is
              > cp1252 (IIRC this is equal to latin1, but with MS nobody knows... ;). The
              > same in line 43 of src.diff.

              Yep, you're right - getting my codepages mixed up. cp1252 is latin1
              with some extra characters, as opposed to cp1250 being latin2 but
              with both some characters in different positions and extra
              characters.

              I'll redo the patch collection with the changes, and fix compilation
              without multi-byte.

              TTFN

              Mike
              --
              My aura can beat up your aura.
            • Mike Williams
              Message 6 of 20 , Feb 3, 2003
                Hi,

                New set of patches based on feedback so far:

                1) Fixed compilation failures when compiling without multi-byte
                support (slapped wrist),
                2) Report failure to find PS resource file,
                3) Correct name of default encoding file on DOS/WIN/OS2 to cp1250
                (please delete file print/cp1252),
                4) Minor corrections and additions to docs.

                Still against 6.1p312.

                TTFN

                Mike
                --
                Life is what happens to you while you are planning to do something else.
              • Mikolaj Machowski
                Message 7 of 20 , Feb 3, 2003
                  On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 12:55:49PM -0000, Mike Williams wrote:
                  > Hi,
                  > New set of patches based on feedback so far:
                  > 1) Fixed compilation failures when compiling without multi-byte
                  > support (slapped wrist),
                  > 2) Report failure to find PS resource file,
                  > 3) Correct name of default encoding file on DOS/WIN/OS2 to cp1250
                  > (please delete file print/cp1252),
                  > 4) Minor corrections and additions to docs.
                  > Still against 6.1p312.

                  Everything works :)

                  One small thing. Add this line to vim.vim syntax file to highlight new
                  option's name:

                  syn keyword vimOption contained printencoding penc

                  And here is collection of encoding vector files:
                  print2.zip/print
                  cp1250 - East Europe MS encoding
                  iso-8859-1 - propably redundant but I am not sure if Vim takes care
                  about this value (translates it into latin1 before proceeding)
                  iso-8899-3
                  iso-8899-4
                  iso-8899-5 - Cyrillic
                  iso-8899-7 - Greek
                  iso-8899-9
                  iso-8899-10
                  iso-8899-11 - Thai
                  iso-8899-13
                  iso-8899-14
                  iso-8899-15 - West Europe encoding (euro sign)
                  koi8-r - Russian cyrillic

                  Mikolaj
                • Mikolaj Machowski
                  Message 8 of 20 , Feb 3, 2003
                    On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 09:49:41PM +0100, Mikolaj Machowski wrote:
                    > Everything works :)
                    > One small thing. Add this line to vim.vim syntax file to highlight new
                    > option's name:
                    > syn keyword vimOption contained printencoding penc
                    > And here is collection of encoding vector files:
                    > print2.zip/print
                    > cp1250 - East Europe MS encoding
                    > iso-8859-1 - propably redundant but I am not sure if Vim takes care
                    > about this value (translates it into latin1 before proceeding)
                    > iso-8899-3
                    > iso-8899-4
                    > iso-8899-5 - Cyrillic
                    > iso-8899-7 - Greek
                    > iso-8899-9
                    > iso-8899-10
                    > iso-8899-11 - Thai
                    > iso-8899-13
                    > iso-8899-14
                    > iso-8899-15 - West Europe encoding (euro sign)
                    > koi8-r - Russian cyrillic
                    > Mikolaj

                    Sorry, I forgot about attachement...

                    m.
                  • Mike Williams
                    Message 9 of 20 , Feb 4, 2003
                      Thanks - I'll start checking them this week.

                      Since the plan is to name the encoding files using the values for
                      'encoding' that VIM uses (as returned by :set encoding), the file for
                      iso-8859-1 is called latin1. This is a slight inconsistency since
                      all other values of latinx are converted to iso-8859-x - ho hum.

                      The downside is if you compile VIM without multi-byte support,
                      'printencoding' does not get converted to a standard name, so if you
                      set it to latin2 VIM looks for a latin2 encoding file and will fail.
                      I'll add something to the documentation about this.

                      I thought about supporting a mapping file that mapped from
                      alternative encoding names to a single file, but that feels like
                      duplicating information already within VIM. Perhaps the solution is
                      to have the encoding name translation in mbyte.c build when PS
                      printing is enabled.

                      TTFN

                      On 3 Feb 2003 at 22:37, Mikolaj Machowski wrote:

                      > On Mon, Feb 03, 2003 at 09:49:41PM +0100, Mikolaj Machowski wrote:
                      > > Everything works :)
                      > > One small thing. Add this line to vim.vim syntax file to highlight new
                      > > option's name:
                      > > syn keyword vimOption contained printencoding penc
                      > > And here is collection of encoding vector files:
                      > > print2.zip/print
                      > > cp1250 - East Europe MS encoding
                      > > iso-8859-1 - propably redundant but I am not sure if Vim takes care
                      > > about this value (translates it into latin1 before proceeding)
                      > > iso-8899-3
                      > > iso-8899-4
                      > > iso-8899-5 - Cyrillic
                      > > iso-8899-7 - Greek
                      > > iso-8899-9
                      > > iso-8899-10
                      > > iso-8899-11 - Thai
                      > > iso-8899-13
                      > > iso-8899-14
                      > > iso-8899-15 - West Europe encoding (euro sign)
                      > > koi8-r - Russian cyrillic
                      > > Mikolaj
                      >
                      > Sorry, I forgot about attachement...
                      >
                      > m.

                      Mike
                      --
                      Actual newspaper headline: Juvenile Court to Try Shooting Defendant
                      Message 10 of 20 , Feb 4, 2003
                        Mike Williams wrote:

                        > Since the plan is to name the encoding files using the values for
                        > 'encoding' that VIM uses (as returned by :set encoding), the file for
                        > iso-8859-1 is called latin1. This is a slight inconsistency since
                        > all other values of latinx are converted to iso-8859-x - ho hum.

                        Well, "latin1" is a special value, since it's the default and might
                        actually be used for any 8-bit encoding if you don't care to set
                        'encoding'. Of course it has nothing to do with me writing text in
                        latin1 all the time. :-)

                        > The downside is if you compile VIM without multi-byte support,
                        > 'printencoding' does not get converted to a standard name, so if you
                        > set it to latin2 VIM looks for a latin2 encoding file and will fail.
                        > I'll add something to the documentation about this.
                        >
                        > I thought about supporting a mapping file that mapped from
                        > alternative encoding names to a single file, but that feels like
                        > duplicating information already within VIM. Perhaps the solution is
                        > to have the encoding name translation in mbyte.c build when PS
                        > printing is enabled.

                        If the printing code needs the enc_canonize() function, it can probably
                        be made to be included without multi-byte support. Just change a few
                        #ifdefs. enc_canonize() is also used for 8-bit encoding names, thus
                        it's not multi-byte-only.

                        - Bram

                        122. You ask if the Netaholics Anonymous t-shirt you ordered can be
                        sent to you via e-mail.

                      • Mike Williams
                        Message 11 of 20 , Feb 5, 2003
                          On 4 Feb 2003 at 23:15, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

                          > If the printing code needs the enc_canonize() function, it can probably
                          > be made to be included without multi-byte support. Just change a few
                          > #ifdefs. enc_canonize() is also used for 8-bit encoding names, thus
                          > it's not multi-byte-only.

                          Fair enough, I'll have a stab at it this week. It would certainly
                          make the use of printencoding consistent across types of build.

                          Mike
                          --
                          I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done.
                        • Mike Williams
                          Message 12 of 20 , Feb 6, 2003
                            Patch version #3 (hopefully on the home straight now ;-)

                            On 4 Feb 2003 at 23:15, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

                            > If the printing code needs the enc_canonize() function, it can probably
                            > be made to be included without multi-byte support. Just change a few
                            > #ifdefs. enc_canonize() is also used for 8-bit encoding names, thus
                            > it's not multi-byte-only.

                            enc_canonize() et al now included when building with PostScript but
                            not multi-byte. Doc for 'printencoding' has also been updated in
                            line.

                            I have also removed setting a default encoding for DOS (and updated
                            the doc). Ideally this would be cp850 (ah, the good ol' days) and I
                            don't have an encoding for it yet. Does anyone actually use hardcopy
                            on DOS?

                            There is also new encoding files for iso-8859-3, -4 and cp1250.

                            And there is also a patch (untested) to update Makefile for
                            installing the new runtime files. If someone can test it and see if
                            there are any problems I would appreciate it.

                            As before, patch is against 6.1p312.

                            TTFN

                            Mike
                            --
                            You are not really successful until someone claims they sat beside you in
                            school.
                            Message 13 of 20 , Feb 9, 2003
                              Patch v#4 - sigh.

                              This looks like a good one now.

                              The only changes from the last one are a more complete set of
                              encodings - iso and Windows code pages - except for Arabic. Once
                              Arabic support is in I will post files for cp1256 and iso-8859-6.
                              There is also koi8-r and koi8-u. There is now a default encoding for
                              HPUX as well. In total there are 26 files so I don't promise there
                              are no mistakes.

                              Also, since the encodings are now user extensible I have renamed the
                              default Mac, VMS, and EBCDIC encoding files to be more
                              standard/specific and to avoid possible clashes, and updated the code
                              and documentation with the new names. Finally, I have reviewed all
                              the encodings, and have made some small changes to make them
                              consistent and bring them more in to line with what copies of the
                              various references I could lay my hands on.

                              I suggest that if there are no problems with the source patches that
                              any changes needed to the encoding files be done as subsequent
                              patches, otherwise I could be posting large patches for a while yet.

                              Still against 6.1p312. Blow away any previous vimruntime/print
                              directories you have please.

                              TTFN

                              Mike
                            • Mikolaj Machowski
                              Message 14 of 20 , Feb 10, 2003
                                On Sun, Feb 09, 2003 at 07:01:02PM -0000, Mike Williams wrote:
                                > Patch v#4 - sigh.
                                > This looks like a good one now.

                                It looks nice for me.

                                Another idea, not so important as printing but still...

                                line 2834 in ex_cmds2.c:
                                sprintf((char *)tbuf, "Page %d", pagenum);

                                "Page" is hardcoded in source. Since there is i18n of printing it would
                                be nice to see language versions for this :)

                                m.
                              • Mike Williams
                                Message 15 of 20 , Feb 11, 2003
                                  Ok, I'll look into this to - at a first glance looks like we might
                                  want to have alternate default 'printheader' values depending on
                                  whether FEAT_STL_OPT is defind or not. Or should it just be made a
                                  customisable string a la _("Page")?

                                  TTFN

                                  On 10 Feb 2003 at 13:00, Mikolaj Machowski wrote:

                                  > On Sun, Feb 09, 2003 at 07:01:02PM -0000, Mike Williams wrote:
                                  > > Patch v#4 - sigh.
                                  > > This looks like a good one now.
                                  >
                                  > It looks nice for me.
                                  >
                                  > Another idea, not so important as printing but still...
                                  >
                                  > line 2834 in ex_cmds2.c:
                                  > sprintf((char *)tbuf, "Page %d", pagenum);
                                  >
                                  > "Page" is hardcoded in source. Since there is i18n of printing it would
                                  > be nice to see language versions for this :)
                                  >
                                  > m.

                                  Mike
                                  --
                                  My inferiority complex isn't as good as yours.
                                  Message 16 of 20 , Feb 11, 2003
                                    Mike Williams wrote:

                                    > Ok, I'll look into this to - at a first glance looks like we might
                                    > want to have alternate default 'printheader' values depending on
                                    > whether FEAT_STL_OPT is defind or not. Or should it just be made a
                                    > customisable string a la _("Page")?

                                    Using _("Page %d") should be sufficient. If someone really wants a page
                                    header in a language different from the messages he can use
                                    'printheader'.

                                    Oh, but the default 'printheader' also includes "Page", thus we should
                                    put N_() around that. Hmm, that's actually not working yet. Same for
                                    'titleold', thus that's a bug.

                                    194. Your business cards contain your e-mail and home page address.

                                  • Mike Williams
                                    Message 17 of 20 , Feb 12, 2003
                                      On 11 Feb 2003 at 11:12, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

                                      > > Ok, I'll look into this to - at a first glance looks like we might
                                      > > want to have alternate default 'printheader' values depending on
                                      > > whether FEAT_STL_OPT is defind or not. Or should it just be made a
                                      > > customisable string a la _("Page")?
                                      >
                                      > Using _("Page %d") should be sufficient. If someone really wants a page
                                      > header in a language different from the messages he can use
                                      > 'printheader'.
                                      >
                                      > Oh, but the default 'printheader' also includes "Page", thus we should
                                      > put N_() around that. Hmm, that's actually not working yet. Same for
                                      > 'titleold', thus that's a bug.

                                      Is there any point supplying you with a patch when it is so small and
                                      you already know what to do? ;-)

                                      Mike
                                      --
                                      Damnation: A beaver colony.
                                      Message 18 of 20 , Feb 12, 2003
                                        Mike Williams wrote:

                                        > On 11 Feb 2003 at 11:12, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
                                        >
                                        > > > Ok, I'll look into this to - at a first glance looks like we might
                                        > > > want to have alternate default 'printheader' values depending on
                                        > > > whether FEAT_STL_OPT is defind or not. Or should it just be made a
                                        > > > customisable string a la _("Page")?
                                        > >
                                        > > Using _("Page %d") should be sufficient. If someone really wants a page
                                        > > header in a language different from the messages he can use
                                        > > 'printheader'.
                                        > >
                                        > > Oh, but the default 'printheader' also includes "Page", thus we should
                                        > > put N_() around that. Hmm, that's actually not working yet. Same for
                                        > > 'titleold', thus that's a bug.
                                        >
                                        > Is there any point supplying you with a patch when it is so small and
                                        > you already know what to do? ;-)

                                        Actually, small patches are always good. Shows me how it's done and
                                        might remind me of a relevant issue. For a big patch that does a global
                                        change it's sometimes better to explain what it changes. That's easier
                                        to understand.

                                        --
                                        $ echo pizza > /dev/oven

                                      • Mike Williams
                                        Message 19 of 20 , Feb 14, 2003
                                          On 12 Feb 2003 at 11:29, Bram Moolenaar wrote:

                                          > Actually, small patches are always good. Shows me how it's done and
                                          > might remind me of a relevant issue. For a big patch that does a global
                                          > change it's sometimes better to explain what it changes. That's easier
                                          > to understand.

                                          One small patch, as requested. Done against 6.1p320

                                          *** option.c.orig Mon Jan 20 10:07:07 2003
                                          --- option.c Fri Feb 14 09:39:47 2003
                                          ***************
                                          *** 1558,1564 ****
                                          {"printheader", "pheader", P_STRING|P_VI_DEF,
                                          #ifdef FEAT_PRINTER
                                          (char_u *)&p_header, PV_NONE,
                                          ! {(char_u *)"%<%f%h%m%=Page %N", (char_u *)0L}
                                          #else
                                          (char_u *)NULL, PV_NONE,
                                          {(char_u *)NULL, (char_u *)0L}
                                          --- 1558,1564 ----
                                          {"printheader", "pheader", P_STRING|P_VI_DEF,
                                          #ifdef FEAT_PRINTER
                                          (char_u *)&p_header, PV_NONE,
                                          ! {(char_u *)N_("%<%f%h%m%=Page %N"), (char_u *)0L}
                                          #else
                                          (char_u *)NULL, PV_NONE,
                                          {(char_u *)NULL, (char_u *)0L}
                                          *** ex_cmds2.c.orig Tue Feb 11 21:16:14 2003
                                          --- ex_cmds2.c Fri Feb 14 09:40:01 2003
                                          ***************
                                          *** 2841,2847 ****
                                          }
                                          else
                                          #endif
                                          ! sprintf((char *)tbuf, "Page %d", pagenum);

                                          prt_set_fg(COLOR_BLACK);
                                          prt_set_bg(COLOR_WHITE);
                                          --- 2841,2847 ----
                                          }
                                          else
                                          #endif
                                          ! sprintf((char *)tbuf, _("Page %d"), pagenum);

                                          prt_set_fg(COLOR_BLACK);
                                          prt_set_bg(COLOR_WHITE);

                                          Mike
                                          --
                                          Into each life some rain must fall - usually on the weekends.
                                          Message 20 of 20 , Feb 14, 2003
                                            Mike Williams wrote:

                                            > On 12 Feb 2003 at 11:29, Bram Moolenaar wrote:
                                            >
                                            > > Actually, small patches are always good. Shows me how it's done and
                                            > > might remind me of a relevant issue. For a big patch that does a global
                                            > > change it's sometimes better to explain what it changes. That's easier
                                            > > to understand.
                                            >
                                            > One small patch, as requested. Done against 6.1p320

                                            Thanks, I'll include it.

                                            Still need to find a way to get default option values translated...

                                            --
                                            You can tune a file system, but you can't tuna fish
                                            -- man tunefs