patch for dynamic perl 5.8

  • MURAOKA Taro
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 31, 2003
      Dynamic perl feature can't be used with recent ActivePerl 5.8.
      If you want to use it, try to apply attached patch.

      Thanks.
      ----
      MURAOKA Taro <koron@...>
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 1, 2003
        Taro -

        > Dynamic perl feature can't be used with recent ActivePerl 5.8.
        > If you want to use it, try to apply attached patch.

        Looks good to me. I'll include the patch. I'll send it out after a
        while (if no one makes remarks).

        Thanks!

        - Bram

        --
        I AM THANKFUL...
        ...for the taxes that I pay because it means that I am employed.

      • Dan Sharp
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 3, 2003
          >From: Bram Moolenaar <Bram@...>
          > > Dynamic perl feature can't be used with recent ActivePerl 5.8.
          > > If you want to use it, try to apply attached patch.
          >
          >Looks good to me. I'll include the patch. I'll send it out after a
          >while (if no one makes remarks).

          It works well for me. The attached patches add support for Cygwin, MinGW,
          and Borland with ActivePerl 5.8.0. The patches for Cygwin and MinGW simply
          remove the hard-coded references to 5.6 and change them to use $(PERL_VER)
          instead.

          The fix for Borland is debatable. Right now, I get the error

          if_perl.c:
          Error E2450 c:/perl\lib\core\thrdvar.h 85: Undefined structure '_stati64'
          Error E2450 c:/perl\lib\core\thrdvar.h 86: Undefined structure '_stati64'

          In C:\bc5\include\sys\stat.h, the structure is 'stati64', and '_stati64' is
          a function with the prototype

          int _RTLENTRY _EXPFUNC _stati64(const char *__path, struct stati64
          *__statbuf);

          The fix I made was to '#define _stati64 stati64' in if_perl.xs before
          including the perl headers. This works for my quick test of :perl
          VIM::Msg("Hi!"), but I haven't tested anything else. The real fix is
          probably to change c:\perl\lib\core\dosish.h from

          #if defined(WIN64) || defined(USE_LARGE_FILES)
          #define Stat_t struct _stati64
          #else
          #define Stat_t struct stat
          #endif

          to something like

          #if defined(WIN64) || defined(USE_LARGE_FILES)
          # ifdef __BORLANDC__
          #define Stat_t struct stati64
          # else
          #define Stat_t struct _stati64
          # endif
          #else
          #define Stat_t struct stat
          #endif

          which would be a matter for the perl lists, and probably wouldn't be
          available until 5.8.1 at best.

          Any other ideas or opinions?

          Dan Sharp

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 3, 2003
            Dan Sharp wrote:

            > > > Dynamic perl feature can't be used with recent ActivePerl 5.8.
            > > > If you want to use it, try to apply attached patch.
            > >
            > >Looks good to me. I'll include the patch. I'll send it out after a
            > >while (if no one makes remarks).
            >
            > It works well for me. The attached patches add support for Cygwin, MinGW,
            > and Borland with ActivePerl 5.8.0. The patches for Cygwin and MinGW simply
            > remove the hard-coded references to 5.6 and change them to use $(PERL_VER)
            > instead.

            Looks good to me, I'll include this.

            > The fix for Borland is debatable. Right now, I get the error
            >
            > if_perl.c:
            > Error E2450 c:/perl\lib\core\thrdvar.h 85: Undefined structure '_stati64'
            > Error E2450 c:/perl\lib\core\thrdvar.h 86: Undefined structure '_stati64'
            >
            > In C:\bc5\include\sys\stat.h, the structure is 'stati64', and '_stati64' is
            > a function with the prototype
            >
            > int _RTLENTRY _EXPFUNC _stati64(const char *__path, struct stati64
            > *__statbuf);

            Hmm, this would require a configure-like check to figure it out.

            > The fix I made was to '#define _stati64 stati64' in if_perl.xs before
            > including the perl headers. This works for my quick test of :perl
            > VIM::Msg("Hi!"), but I haven't tested anything else. The real fix is
            > probably to change c:\perl\lib\core\dosish.h from

            I would think this works, so long as stati64 is the right structure. On
            the other hand, "struct stat" might have to be used. Can you somehow
            check that stat() is redefined to _stati64()?

            105. When someone asks you for your address, you tell them your URL.