Re: gtk2 toolbar icons

  • Daniel Elstner
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 28, 2003
      On Mon, 2003-01-27 at 20:18, Mikolaj Machowski wrote:

      > > > Finally, IMO, unless Bram wants to change the look of Vim's icons
      > > > across the board, it would be nice for every platform's Vim to have
      > > > the same look.
      > > I can see the advantage of having the vim icons be consistent across
      > > platforms/environments, but I would argue that it as at least as
      > > important to have consistency _within_ the environment -- by which I
      > > mean that a gnome-compiled version of gvim should (by default) use
      > > familiar Gnome icons where possible.
      >
      > As gtk-Gvim is now the only usable (sorry, kvim developers) GUI Vim for
      > Linux this is not safe bet. I am using Gvim in WindowMaker and use
      > gapplications really rarely (apart of kvim I prefer kapplications).

      And what prevents you from choosing a GTK+ theme that matches your KDE
      theme? If it is really desired it'd even be possible to adapt the
      current Vim icon config mechanism to change stock icons at runtime.

      --Daniel
    • Daniel Elstner
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 28, 2003
        On Die, 2003-01-28 at 03:47, Andy Kahn wrote:

        > I seem to recall a similar discussion back when we were porting gvim
        > to gtk the first time around (several years ago). The general opinion
        > back then was pretty split as well, but I believe we ultimately
        > decided to just go with whatever Bram wanted, and he stuck with custom
        > Vim icons which were hand-drawn.

        This might be related to the fact that there were no stock icons
        in GTK+ 1.2 :)

        --Daniel