Re: bug? vim --serverlist starts vim normally

  • Ricardo SIGNES
    Message 1 of 7 , Jan 4, 2003
      On Sat, Jan 04, 2003 at 08:29:35PM +0100, Bram MOOLENAAR wrote:

      > Ricardo Signes wrote:
      >
      > > More importantly (imho), :help clientserver should explicitely state that
      > > only gVim can be a server. While most of the example commands are gVim, the
      > > terminal command is vim. I know why it works, etc, but it makes things
      > > unclear.
      >
      > The console Vim can also become a server. It's not done by default
      > though, you need to pass the --servername argument.

      But only if X can be contacted (in 'nix)?

      Now I'm really confused! I think this is a documentation shortcoming.
      Throwing an error under the initially described condition sounds good, but I
      think the documentation is the bigger problem. I guess I didn't realize until
      now that without X11, there is no unix clientserver for Vim.

      --
      rjbs