Re: BCC pathdef patch

  • Steve Hall
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 4, 2003
      Bram Moolenaar wrote:
      > Steve Hall wrote:
      >
      > > October 28, Dan Sharp mailed out a patch (attached) to add the
      > > "Compilation:" and "Linking:" lines to :version output when
      > > compiled with BCC. There were some other minor improvements as
      > > well, but my latest 271 build doesn't seem to reflect them--just
      > > wanted to be sure it doesn't get lost.
      >
      > This is one of the patches that I have in my todo list. It won't get
      > lost, it just takes some time before I have included it.

      Sorry to be a pain, I should have known you were keeping track. :)

      Steve Hall [ (digitect)@(mindspring).(com) ]
    • Dan Sharp
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 4, 2003
        >From: Steve Hall <digitect@...>
        >
        >Bram Moolenaar wrote:
        >>Steve Hall wrote:
        >>
        >>>October 28, Dan Sharp mailed out a patch (attached) to add the
        >>>"Compilation:" and "Linking:" lines to :version output when
        >>>compiled with BCC. There were some other minor improvements as
        >>>well, but my latest 271 build doesn't seem to reflect them --
        >>>just wanted to be sure it doesn't get lost.
        >>
        >>This is one of the patches that I have in my todo list. It won't
        >>get lost, it just takes some time before I have included it.
        >
        >Sorry to be a pain, I should have known you were keeping track. :)

        One way to keep track of what has made it to the todo list is to get the
        newest one from the FTP site. Bram has been putting updated runtime files
        into ftp://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/runtime every so often. You can manually
        download them from there or use aap to get them. See the instructions at
        http://www.vim.org/runtime.php for how to do that. Then, :he todo will show
        you his long list of bugs and new features :) I figure the BCC patch has a
        low priority now anyway, since it is more a new feature than a bug fix.

        Dan Sharp

      • Steve Hall
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 4, 2003
          Dan Sharp wrote:

          > One way to keep track of what has made it to the todo list is to get
          > the newest one from the FTP site. Bram has been putting updated
          > runtime files into ftp://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/runtime every so often.

          Wow, great tip, that document is a work of art. I had no idea.

          For some reason, I was thinking all the runtime stuff was updated with
          the patches, but I guess it makes sense that a ToDo wouldn't be. Is
          there any defined delineation between the stuff that gets patched and
          the files I need to manually keep updated? Is it just docs?

          Steve Hall [ digitect(at)mindspring(dot)com ]