Re: BCC pathdef patch

    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 4, 2003
      Steve Hall wrote:

      > October 28, Dan Sharp mailed out a patch (attached) to add the
      > "Compilation:" and "Linking:" lines to :version output when compiled
      > with BCC. There were some other minor improvements as well, but my
      > latest 271 build doesn't seem to reflect them--just wanted to be sure
      > it doesn't get lost.

      This is one of the patches that I have in my todo list. It won't get
      lost, it just takes some time before I have included it.

      --
      ARTHUR: Who are you?
      TALL KNIGHT: We are the Knights Who Say "Ni"!

    • Steve Hall
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 4, 2003
        Bram Moolenaar wrote:
        > Steve Hall wrote:
        >
        > > October 28, Dan Sharp mailed out a patch (attached) to add the
        > > "Compilation:" and "Linking:" lines to :version output when
        > > compiled with BCC. There were some other minor improvements as
        > > well, but my latest 271 build doesn't seem to reflect them--just
        > > wanted to be sure it doesn't get lost.
        >
        > This is one of the patches that I have in my todo list. It won't get
        > lost, it just takes some time before I have included it.

        Sorry to be a pain, I should have known you were keeping track. :)

        Steve Hall [ (digitect)@(mindspring).(com) ]
      • Dan Sharp
        Message 3 of 5 , Jan 4, 2003
          >From: Steve Hall <digitect@...>
          >
          >Bram Moolenaar wrote:
          >>Steve Hall wrote:
          >>
          >>>October 28, Dan Sharp mailed out a patch (attached) to add the
          >>>"Compilation:" and "Linking:" lines to :version output when
          >>>compiled with BCC. There were some other minor improvements as
          >>>well, but my latest 271 build doesn't seem to reflect them --
          >>>just wanted to be sure it doesn't get lost.
          >>
          >>This is one of the patches that I have in my todo list. It won't
          >>get lost, it just takes some time before I have included it.
          >
          >Sorry to be a pain, I should have known you were keeping track. :)

          One way to keep track of what has made it to the todo list is to get the
          newest one from the FTP site. Bram has been putting updated runtime files
          into ftp://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/runtime every so often. You can manually
          download them from there or use aap to get them. See the instructions at
          http://www.vim.org/runtime.php for how to do that. Then, :he todo will show
          you his long list of bugs and new features :) I figure the BCC patch has a
          low priority now anyway, since it is more a new feature than a bug fix.

          Dan Sharp

        • Steve Hall
          Message 4 of 5 , Jan 4, 2003
            Dan Sharp wrote:

            > One way to keep track of what has made it to the todo list is to get
            > the newest one from the FTP site. Bram has been putting updated
            > runtime files into ftp://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/runtime every so often.

            Wow, great tip, that document is a work of art. I had no idea.

            For some reason, I was thinking all the runtime stuff was updated with
            the patches, but I guess it makes sense that a ToDo wouldn't be. Is
            there any defined delineation between the stuff that gets patched and
            the files I need to manually keep updated? Is it just docs?

            Steve Hall [ digitect(at)mindspring(dot)com ]