Old Vim ad.

  • Robert Webb
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 1, 2003
      Hi folks,

      Sorry about sending an image to the list, but I thought people would
      appreciate this one (I had to zip it to stop it bouncing). It's an ad for a
      cleaning product called "Vim" from an old news paper.

      I like the phrases: "No sooner Vim than done!"
      and "Vim's magic touch works instantly"

      Rob.

      --

      Robert Webb <RobertW@...>,
      Want to make polyhedra?
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 1, 2003
        * Robert Webb <RobertW@...> [2003-01-02 10:50 +1100]:
        > Hi folks,
        >
        > Sorry about sending an image to the list,

        The users list would IMO have been more appropriate. This list is about the
        *development* of vim.

        > but I thought people would appreciate this one (I had to zip it to stop it
        > bouncing). It's an ad for a cleaning product called "Vim" from an old news
        > paper.

        Also see http://www.vim.org/weird.php If your picture isn't already listed
        there (there's a picture from the cleaning product there already), you might
        want to use the feedback page, linked from there.

        Cheers,

        Gerhard
        --
        Favourite database: http://www.postgresql.org/
        Favourite programming language: http://www.python.org/
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 2, 2003
          Robert Webb wrote:

          > Sorry about sending an image to the list, but I thought people would
          > appreciate this one (I had to zip it to stop it bouncing). It's an ad
          > for a cleaning product called "Vim" from an old news paper.
          >
          > I like the phrases: "No sooner Vim than done!"
          > and "Vim's magic touch works instantly"

          Not really the right maillist for this image...

          Anyway, it's funny text. I'll add it to the weird image collection on
          www.vim.org.

          --
          In war we're tough and able.
          Quite indefatigable