Re[4]: Some bugs, drawbacks and wishes

  • Giuseppe Bilotta
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 29, 2002
      On Sunday, December 29, 2002 Bram Moolenaar wrote:

      > Giuseppe Bilotta wrote:

      >> Is it too much to ask a regexp based iskeyword, as an (extra) option?
      >> (iskeywordregex) This would be very important for languages where
      >> some keyword identifiers can only appear in certain places of a
      >> keyword: this is for example the case for TeX's \ or Texinfo @;
      >> also, in some natural language, a trailing ' is part of the
      >> previous word, for example.

      > Currently 'iskeyword' works for too many situations at the same time.
      > It is indeed desirable to have a separate definition of keywords for
      > different commands. For example, for Insert mode completion and
      > recognizing words in the text for commands like CTRL-] and "*".
      > This is in the todo list, but it doesn't have a very high priority.

      This might be in the todo list but is not what I was thinking
      about :) It's an interesting idea, though.

      > A rule-based mechanism (to include a character when it is in a certain
      > context) would be very complicated.

      Even if done by using regexps? For example, in TeX a keyword could
      be defined as

      The point was shifting from keyword chars to keywords altogether
      (at least for keyword-oriented movements).

      --
      Giuseppe "Oblomov" Bilotta