Re: Patch 6.1.266

    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 24, 2002
      Timo Frenay wrote:

      > In ftp://ftp.vim.org/pub/vim/patches/README:
      >
      > 1536 6.1.266 (depends on 6.1.266) Win32 compile error
      > ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
      >
      > So, if I get this right, patch 6.1.266 is meant to make Vim fail to compile
      > on Win32? ;-)

      :s/266)/265)/

      Sorry.

      > By the way, refreshing the README is always a bit nasty in IE6 - apparently
      > it assumes that the lack of an extension must mean it's a directory so it
      > adds a '/' to the address after loading the page, and when refreshing the
      > page it uses this address. Apparently this doesn't happen when you type it
      > in the address bar (although it still adds the '/' in the address bar
      > itself) so the solution is to remove the trailing '/' from the address bar,
      > hit ENTER to load the page and then refresh the page. Would you consider
      > renaming this file to 'README.txt' (possibly with README as a symlink so
      > bookmarks still work)?

      It has always been called README, thus I hesitate to change this.

      I suggest you send in a bug report to Microsoft. I'm sure such a big
      company can fix this simple problem quickly and send you a patch. :-)

      161. You get up before the sun rises to check your e-mail, and you
      find yourself in the very same chair long after the sun has set.