Build question

  • Ben Siemerink
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 9, 2002
      Hello group,

      I wonder what compiler to use to build vim on a W95 system. Can I use gcc?

      Thanks a lot in advance.

      Saludos, Ben.
    • digitect@mindspring.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Dec 9, 2002
        on 12/9/2002 9:48 AM Ben Siemerink said the following:

        > I wonder what compiler to use to build vim on a W95 system. Can
        > I use gcc?

        FWIW, I keep my preferences/HOWTO on W95 compiling here:
        http://cream.sf.net/vim.html

        Most others here are more expert on the subject, but this is what
        I found to work for me. Dan Sharp has updated the cygwin stuff
        significantly as of late, so you may find success now in cygwin/mingw
        environments once you've patched. (Although I haven't yet, grrr.)

        Steve Hall [ digitect(at)mindspring.com ]