RE: Some bugs, drawbacks and wishes

  • Vince Negri
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 9, 2002
      Pavel,

      1) and 2) are there for vi compatibility. They are not
      bugs but deliberate vi-compatible behaviour. Naturally
      you can suggest yet more 'cpoptions'. I suspect that
      7) is also a hangover from vi compatibility although
      in vim's case you do have the 'iskeyword' option to
      work around it.

      8) This has been considered in detail before:
      Look in todo.txt for
      "Make editing the command line work like Insert mode in
      a single-line view on a buffer that contains the command
      line history."
      You might like to comment/make suggestiong on the issues
      listed there.

      9) You can make help buffers act like normal buffers as
      follows: Add an autocommand so that ":set buflisted" is run
      on help buffers when they are loaded. (The current behaviour
      is deliberate and was requested by many users.)