Re: Feature request: sort()

  • digitect@mindspring.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Dec 6, 2002

      [arguments for and against]

      Thanks for the discussion. A few final points from me...

      * External !SORT in my instance is too bothersome because of the
      terminal window that is raised by gVim.

      * Perl, ruby, python... nice, but require these installed, which is
      hidden bloat anyway. I can't count on this. (That's what I meant by
      overhead, not speed--sorry for not being clear.)

      I'm trying to build an abstracted heirarchical tree display method,
      with content abstracted from display and indented, multiple nodes open
      at a time. I need the speed (depending on the application) for column
      sorts with large data sets without the above restraints.

      Steve Hall [ digitect(at)mindspring.com ]