Patch / feature request: inputsecretdialog()

  • Dan Sharp
    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 4, 2002
      Here is my addition to the recent patches and wishes :)

      The input() function to get input from the user has a corresponding
      inputdialog() function for GUIs. This patch adds a similar function for
      inputsecret() to provide a dialog on GUIs, currently called
      inputsecretdialog(), though that is a rather long name.

      I made inputsecret() / inputsecretdialog() work like input() /
      inputdialog(), so that on a console vim (or with 'c' in 'guioptions') a call
      to inputsecretdialog() will simply call inputsecret().

      The attached patch only implements the function for Win16 and Win32 systems,
      since I don't know how to do it on others. To make calls to
      inputsecretdialog() work on systems where it isn't yet implements, I did
      have to add a FEAT_SECRET_DIALOG define. When this is not defined, a call
      to the function automatically calls inputsecret(). Otherwise, a normal
      inputdialog() would have been displayed, not hiding the user's input.

      Opinions, bug reports, and especially implementations on other systems are
      welcome :)

      Dan Sharp