Cursor vanished when without blink (with patch)

  • MURAOKA Taro
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 3, 2002
      I use gvim 6.1.263 on Windows2000 and make cursor noblinking.
      # :set guicursor=a:blinkon0
      After gvim redraw client area (hide (or minimized) gvim's window
      with another window then reverted), cursor vanished and be not shown
      until moved.
      I wrote a patch to fix this. Please check it.

      Thanks.
      ----
      MURAOKA Taro <koron@...>
    • Walter Briscoe
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 3, 2002
        In message <004701c29ad8$af362590$659da8c0@krone> of Tue, 3 Dec 2002
        23:30:10 in , MURAOKA Taro <koron@...> writes
        >I use gvim 6.1.263 on Windows2000 and make cursor noblinking.
        ># :set guicursor=a:blinkon0
        >After gvim redraw client area (hide (or minimized) gvim's window
        >with another window then reverted), cursor vanished and be not shown
        >until moved.
        >I wrote a patch to fix this. Please check it.

        I did not see the problem with Windows 2000 SP3.
        The fix did not change what I saw. I tested as follows:
        C:\wfb\vim\bld\vim61\src> vcvars60
        Setting environment for using Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0 tools.
        C:\wfb\vim\bld\vim61\src> msdev /nologo /f Make_ivc.mak /MAKE "Vim - Win32 Debug gvim OLE"
        --------------------Configuration: Vim - Win32 Debug gvim OLE--------------------
        Compiling...
        gui.c
        Linking...

        gvimd.exe - 0 error(s), 0 warning(s)

        C:\wfb\vim\bld\vim61\src> .\gvimd gui.c

        I am interested in the difference in our environment.
        I would REALLY like to see the problem.

        In message <004801c29ad8$af493860$659da8c0@krone> of Tue, 3 Dec 2002
        23:31:09 in , MURAOKA Taro <koron@...> writes
        >When paste some lines to visual selected area,
        >it causes memory overrun and crush.
        >I wrote a patch to fix this. Please check it.
        >
        >Thanks.
        >----
        >MURAOKA Taro <koron@...>
        >[ A MIME text / plain part was included here. ]

        I would appreciate complete instructions to test this patch.
        I will hold and not try to produce the problem as I already have a
        question.
        --
        Walter Briscoe
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 22, 2002
          Muraoka Taro wrote:

          > I use gvim 6.1.263 on Windows2000 and make cursor noblinking.
          > # :set guicursor=a:blinkon0
          > After gvim redraw client area (hide (or minimized) gvim's window
          > with another window then reverted), cursor vanished and be not shown
          > until moved.
          > I wrote a patch to fix this. Please check it.

          It makes sense. When redrawing an area that was exposed the cursor may
          have to be redrawn even though it didn't move. I'll include the change.

          121. You ask for e-mail adresses instead of telephone numbers.