Re: Re[4]: A possible enhancement for the next release: regions

  • Brett Pershing Stahlman
    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 2, 2002
      From: Vince Negri <vnegri@...>
      To: 'Giuseppe Bilotta' <gip.bilotta@...>; Brett Pershing Stahlman
      <brett.stahlman@...>
      Cc: <vim-dev@...>
      Sent: Monday, December 02, 2002 9:23 AM
      Subject: RE: Re[4]: A possible enhancement for the next release: regions

      > > I really can't think of a way characterwise folding could be
      > > implemented ... would you simply remove the "collapsed" chars
      > > (which might span a few lines) and virtually substitute them with
      > > a (possibly visible but one-char-wide-only) mark?
      >
      > Rather like the 'conceal' patch...
      I have not tried the conceal patch, but yes, a one-character-wide glyph of
      some sort was what I had in mind. Perhaps some descriptive text for the
      fold, embedded within special delimiters in the original file, could be
      hidden along with the folded text, and shown only when requested with a
      special fold command.

      Brett S.