Re: Wishlist

  • Mikolaj Machowski
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 28, 2002
      On Wed, Nov 27, 2002 at 12:47:37PM +0100, Mikolaj Machowski wrote:
      > Hi,
      > Because Bram has holidays I can post some thoughts without
      > cold shower ;)
      > And maybe there are ways to workarond it?

      Another idea:
      I have 2 files:
      1.vim
      --------

      source 2.vim
      let var2 = var."2"

      -------

      2.vim
      -------

      let var = "asdf"

      ------

      ":source" treats 2.vim as external file thus all variables, functions
      etc. have another "nationality" and have globalization flag "g:".
      Wouldn't be nice to have command ":readin"?
      ":readin" would source file but all variables and functions from
      "daughter file" would be treated as local to "mother file".

      Mikolaj