make test on Red Hat 8.0

  • Benji Fisher
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 27, 2002
      I compiled vim (latest CVS version) on a Red Hat 8.0 system. This
      is using gcc 3.2, and I enabled huge features and support for perl and
      python. When I tried

      $ make test

      I got the message

      Test results:
      test6 FAILED
      ALL DONE

      Does anyone know what to try next? Complete version info below.

      --Benji Fisher

      [benji@localhost src]$ ./vim --version
      VIM - Vi IMproved 6.1 (2002 Mar 24, compiled Nov 27 2002 11:58:51)
      Included patches: 1-263
      Compiled by Benji Fisher
      Huge version with GTK GUI. Features included (+) or not (-):
      +autocmd -balloon_eval +browse ++builtin_terms +byte_offset +cindent
      +clientserver +clipboard +cmdline_compl +cmdline_hist +cmdline_info
      +comments
      +cryptv +cscope +dialog_con_gui +diff +digraphs -ebcdic +emacs_tags +eval
      +ex_extra +extra_search +farsi +file_in_path +find_in_path +folding -footer
      +fork() +gettext -hangul_input +iconv +insert_expand +jumplist +keymap
      +langmap
      +libcall +linebreak +lispindent +listcmds +localmap +menu +mksession
      +modify_fname +mouse +mouseshape +mouse_dec +mouse_gpm -mouse_jsbterm
      +mouse_netterm +mouse_xterm +multi_byte +multi_lang -osfiletype +path_extra
      -perl +postscript +printer +python +quickfix +rightleft -ruby +scrollbind
      +signs +smartindent -sniff +statusline -sun_workshop +syntax +tag_binary
      +tag_old_static -tag_any_white -tcl +terminfo +termresponse +textobjects
      +title
      +toolbar +user_commands +vertsplit +virtualedit +visual +visualextra
      +viminfo
      +vreplace +wildignore +wildmenu +windows +writebackup +X11 +xfontset +xim
      +xterm_clipboard -xterm_save
      system vimrc file: "$VIM/vimrc"
      user vimrc file: "$HOME/.vimrc"
      user exrc file: "$HOME/.exrc"
      system gvimrc file: "$VIM/gvimrc"
      user gvimrc file: "$HOME/.gvimrc"
      fall-back for $VIM: "/usr/local/share/vim"
      Compilation: gcc -c -I. -Iproto -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -DFEAT_GUI_GTK
      -I/usr/include/gtk-1.2 -I/usr/include/glib-1.2 -I/usr/lib/glib/include
      -I/usr/X11R6/include -g -O2 -fno-strength-reduce -I/usr/X11R6/include
      -I/usr/include/python2.2
      Linking: gcc -L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/usr/local/lib -o vim -L/usr/lib
      -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lgtk -lgdk -rdynamic -lgmodule -lglib -ldl -lXi -lXext
      -lXt -lncurses -lacl -lgpm -ldl -L/usr/lib/python2.2/config
      -lpython2.2 -ldl -lpthread -lutil -lm -Xlinker -export-dynamic
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 31, 2002
        Benji Fisher wrote:

        > I compiled vim (latest CVS version) on a Red Hat 8.0 system. This
        > is using gcc 3.2, and I enabled huge features and support for perl and
        > python. When I tried
        >
        > $ make test
        >
        > I got the message
        >
        > Test results:
        > test6 FAILED
        > ALL DONE
        >
        > Does anyone know what to try next? Complete version info below.

        :help debug-vim

        246. You use up your free 100 hours in less than a week.

      • Benji Fisher
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 1, 2003
          Bram Moolenaar wrote:
          > Benji Fisher wrote:
          >>Does anyone know what to try next? Complete version info below.
          >

          > :help debug-vim

          Thanks. Test 6 fails, but does not crash. When I run gdb, it
          reports "Program exited normally." The stack is empty. Again, the
          result of "make test" is

          Test results:
          test6 FAILED
          ALL DONE

          --Benj Fisher
          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 1, 2003
            Benji Fisher wrote:

            > >>Does anyone know what to try next? Complete version info below.
            > >

            > > :help debug-vim
            >
            > Thanks. Test 6 fails, but does not crash. When I run gdb, it
            > reports "Program exited normally." The stack is empty. Again, the
            > result of "make test" is
            >
            > Test results:
            > test6 FAILED
            > ALL DONE

            Should have read it more carefully...

            Try comparing "test6.ok" and "test6.failed". That should give you an
            idea about what is wrong. If you don't understand it send me both
            files.

            269. You wonder how you can make your dustbin produce Sesame Street's
            Oscar's the Garbage Monster song when you empty it.