problems with umlauts (I think it is a bug.)

  • Bastian Fuchs
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 27, 2002
      Hello,
      I have a weird problem with umlauts, but I think it's an bug in GVim.

      If I have "set background=dark" in my .vimrc, I can't copy umlauts from (for
      example) mozilla to gvim. ("exaüöämple" is copied as "example")
      But if I don't set background or have "background=light", all works correctly.

      With "background=dark" xprop shows the following
      bastiaf ~ $ LC_ALL=de_DE gvim --> xprop: WM_LOCALE_NAME(STRING) = "de"
      bastiaf ~ $ LC_ALL=de_DE@euro gvim --> xprop: WM_LOCALE_NAME(STRING) = "de"
      bastiaf ~ $ LC_ALL=en_US gvim --> xprop: WM_LOCALE_NAME(STRING) = "en"

      But with "background=light" or without setting background I get:
      bastiaf ~ $ LC_ALL=de_DE gvim --> xprop: WM_LOCALE_NAME(STRING) = "de_DE"
      bastiaf ~ $ LC_ALL=de_DE@euro gvim --> xprop: WM_LOCALE_NAME(STRING) =
      "de_DE@euro"
      bastiaf ~ $ LC_ALL=en_US gvim --> xprop: WM_LOCALE_NAME(STRING)="en_US"

      There are no other options in my .vimrc and .gvimrc doesn't exists (in my home
      dir).

      Thank you for answers,
      Bastian

      PS: My GVim version is 6.1.245, but I have gotten the same problems with older
      versions in the past (if I remeber correctly).