Re: Problem with visual and vim 6.1.247 on KDE 3.0.4?

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 4, 2002
      Christian Wolfgang Hujer wrote:

      > I have the following problem with vim. Shortly after typing v, shift-v or
      > control-v for starting to highlight in one of the visual modes, vim abruptly
      > dies after approx. 0.5 secs with the following error message:
      > XIO: fatal IO error 14 (UngÃ=BCltige Adresse) on X server ":0.0"
      > after 140 requests (139 known processed) with 0 events remaining.
      >
      > "UngÃ=BCltige Adresse" probably translates to "Invalid address".
      >
      > I compile vim with the following options:
      >
      > I can reproduce this error on xterm and konsole.
      > $ xterm -version
      > XFree86 4.2.0(165)
      > $ konsole -version
      > Qt: 3.0.5
      > KDE: 3.0.4
      > Konsole: 1.1.3
      >
      > When starting vim as gvim this error does not occur.

      Very strange. You would have to run Vim in a debugger to find out what
      is happening.

      > I compile vim using the following script:
      > cd vim
      > export CVS_RSH=ssh
      > cvs update
      > ./configure \
      > --prefix=/usr/local/dist \
      > --enable-perlinterp \
      > --enable-pythoninterp \
      > --enable-tclinterp \
      > --enable-rubyinterp \
      > --enable-cscope \
      > --enable-workshop \
      > --enable-sniff \
      > --enable-multibyte \
      > --enable-xim \
      > --enable-fontset \
      > --with-x \

      You could try without the interpreters. The signal handling in threaded
      libraries sometimes causes problems. XIM might also cause a problem,
      since it's X-server related.

      --
      A law to reduce crime states: "It is mandatory for a motorist with criminal
      intentions to stop at the city limits and telephone the chief of police as he