Re: syntax/modconf.vim

  • Wichert Akkerman
    Message 1 of 9 , Nov 3, 2002
      Previously Bram Moolenaar wrote:
      > Thus also foo.sh, foo.vim, foo.c, etc.? Sounds a bit unlikely. Please
      > suggest an autocommand that works.

      foo.sh would be an executable. But if someone sticks foo.vim in
      /etc/modutils he/she will have broken his Debian system anyway so I
      don't see why vim can't mis-guess here either (might even be a good
      hint that something is wrong).

      Wichert.

      /wichert@... This space intentionally left occupied \
      | wichert@... http://www.wiggy.net/ |
      | 1024D/2FA3BC2D 576E 100B 518D 2F16 36B0 2805 3CB8 9250 2FA3 BC2D |
      Message 2 of 9 , Nov 3, 2002
        Wichert Akkerman wrote:

        > Previously Bram Moolenaar wrote:
        > > Thus also foo.sh, foo.vim, foo.c, etc.? Sounds a bit unlikely. Please
        > > suggest an autocommand that works.
        >
        > foo.sh would be an executable. But if someone sticks foo.vim in
        > /etc/modutils he/she will have broken his Debian system anyway so I
        > don't see why vim can't mis-guess here either (might even be a good
        > hint that something is wrong).

        Well, perhaps this autocommand would work then:

        au BufNewFile,BufRead /etc/modutils/* if executable(expand(<afile>)) != 1 | setf modconf | endif

        Can you try this out?

        --
        Kisses may last for as much as, but no more than, five minutes.
        [real standing law in Iowa, United States of America]

      • Wichert Akkerman
        Message 3 of 9 , Nov 5, 2002
          Previously Bram Moolenaar wrote:
          > au BufNewFile,BufRead /etc/modutils/* if executable(expand(<afile>)) != 1 | setf modconf | endif
          >
          > Can you try this out?

          Seems to work fine.