A bug fix and an upgraded Make_cyg.mak to test.

  • Dan Sharp
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 2, 2002
      The attached main.c diff fixes a problem with a Cygwin-compiled gvim.exe
      where paths like D:/test.txt get converted to D:/cygdrive/d/test.txt,
      causing the file not to be found (with the occasional nasty side-effect of
      replacing D:/test.txt with a zero-byte file). Please check that the fix
      works okay for you.

      The attached Make_cyg.mak is the fun part :) I have done a huge upgrade on
      this makefile to give it capabilities on par with the other Win32 makefile.
      With the attached Make_cyg.mak, you can now use Cygwin to compile a
      (g)vim.exe with all the features of the official binaries, with the
      exception of MBYTE_IME, since Cygwin does not appear to have IME support.

      Highlights include:
      Executables can be compiled that do not rely on cygwin1.dll
      Dynamically loaded Perl, Python, Ruby, and TCL
      OLE support
      Dynamic Iconv and Gettext
      Debug build

      Bugs:
      Non-dynamically loaded Ruby and Python builds do not work
      OLE requires a patch to work around a Cygwin / Mingw bug **
      Anything else that you may report

      Please test this makefile and make sure it works for you, and of course all
      comments / criticism is welcome.

      Dan Sharp

      ** Cygwin and Mingw's oleauto.h header gives a prototype for
      DeregisterTypeLib(), but the oleaut32.a library supplies an implementation
      for UnRegisterTypeLib(), the function used by Vim. You must patch
      if_ole.cpp with the prototype for UnRegisterTypeLib() to get OLE support.
      The attached if_ole.cpp.zip supplies this patch.

      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 3, 2002
        Dan Sharp wrote:

        > The attached main.c diff fixes a problem with a Cygwin-compiled gvim.exe
        > where paths like D:/test.txt get converted to D:/cygdrive/d/test.txt,
        > causing the file not to be found (with the occasional nasty side-effect of
        > replacing D:/test.txt with a zero-byte file). Please check that the fix
        > works okay for you.
        >
        > The attached Make_cyg.mak is the fun part :) I have done a huge upgrade on
        > this makefile to give it capabilities on par with the other Win32 makefile.
        > With the attached Make_cyg.mak, you can now use Cygwin to compile a
        > (g)vim.exe with all the features of the official binaries, with the
        > exception of MBYTE_IME, since Cygwin does not appear to have IME support.

        Thanks for making this. If there are no complaints I'll include this
        and send out a patch.

        --
        It is illegal for anyone to try and stop a child from playfully jumping over
        puddles of water.