bufhidden in explorer buffers

  • David Bustos
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2002
      I'd like to keep my explorer buffers in the buffer list. I.e., I want
      them to have bufhidden set to something other than delete. I tried
      doing this by adding a BufEnter autocommand to the fileExplorer group in
      my .vimrc, but vim complained

      E216: No such event: fileExplorer BufEnter ...

      I realized that .vimrc is being executed before the explorer plugin, so
      (a) the fileExplorer group doesn't exist yet, so while vim can
      legitimately complain, I think it's complaining about the wrong thing,
      and (b) when explorer.vim is executed, it clears out all of the
      autocommands in the fileExplorer group.

      So, what's the best way to do this? Does explorer.vim needs a new
      option, or is there something I'm missing? Or should I just keep
      a modified copy in my home directory?

      David