RE: Vim and M$ Word

  • David Morris
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 9, 2002
      As for word auto-formatting, I have long since figured out how to turn
      off all such word annoyances...some I simply don't ever want
      (auto-styles), and others I need off for specific tasks. I am fairly
      certain I could keep the two programs in sync. I had considered the
      fact that the scope of the project could be very large indeed if I
      allow the best features of VIM, but I had not thought of how slow COM
      objects are...I think you are right (unfortunately) that the
      everything would run far too slow.

      Oh well, it was an interesting thought. Perhaps someday I'll work
      with OpenOffice on a similar solution....

      --David

      --
      "I might not agree with what you say,
      but I will defend to the death your right to say it!"