patch: python buffer number

  • Michal Vitecek
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2002
      hello,

      this little patch adds buffer number to a list of it's attribute
      members. i found it useful in my script, perhaps it'll be useful for
      someone else as well.

      example:

      :py import vim
      :py cb = vim.current.buffer
      :py print cb.number
      :py print cb.__members__

      --
      fuf (fuf@...)
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2002
        Michal Vitecek wrote:

        > this little patch adds buffer number to a list of it's attribute
        > members. i found it useful in my script, perhaps it'll be useful for
        > someone else as well.
        >
        > example:
        >
        > :py import vim
        > :py cb = vim.current.buffer
        > :py print cb.number
        > :py print cb.__members__

        It's a simple thing to add.

        Comparing your patch to other places where Py_BuildValue() is used:

        > - return Py_BuildValue("[s,s]", "name", "number");

        Shouldn't that be:

        - return Py_BuildValue("[ss]", "name", "number");

        (no comma)

        --
        I AM THANKFUL...
        ...for the piles of laundry and ironing because it means I

      • Michal Vitecek
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 2, 2002
          hello Bram,

          Bram Moolenaar wrote:
          >Comparing your patch to other places where Py_BuildValue() is used:
          >
          >> - return Py_BuildValue("[s,s]", "name", "number");
          >
          >Shouldn't that be:
          >
          > - return Py_BuildValue("[ss]", "name", "number");
          >
          >(no comma)

          i've read the documentation for Py_BuildValue() and both ways are
          supported, but it's probably better to use the version without comma to
          correspond with other parts of the code.

          --
          fuf (fuf@...)