todo? add :help vimfiles

  • Denis Perelyubskiy
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 30 4:38 PM
      hello,

      just a suggestion. i know lots of people use vimfiles
      directories to keep their "private" settings... however,
      vimfiles is not mentioned in the help (other then under
      runtimepath, i think)...

      it seems adding a help item would be beneficial.
      Unfortunately, I dont know enough about all aspects of
      vimfiles (and maybe there are other directories like this
      that I am not aware of?) to write something up, but it
      sounds like its really short and simple for someone who
      knows about it....

      denis

      --
      // mailto: Denis Perelyubskiy <denisp@...>
      // icq : 12359698
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 1, 2002
        Denis Perelyubskiy wrote:

        > just a suggestion. i know lots of people use vimfiles
        > directories to keep their "private" settings... however,
        > vimfiles is not mentioned in the help (other then under
        > runtimepath, i think)...
        >
        > it seems adding a help item would be beneficial.
        > Unfortunately, I dont know enough about all aspects of
        > vimfiles (and maybe there are other directories like this
        > that I am not aware of?) to write something up, but it
        > sounds like its really short and simple for someone who
        > knows about it....

        I don't really know what to say about using "vimfiles", other than that
        it's one of the default directories in 'runtimepath'. The least I can
        do is add a tag for "vimfiles" at the help for 'runtimepath'.

        --
        I AM THANKFUL...
        ...for all the complaining I hear about the government

      • Denis Perelyubskiy
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 1, 2002
          * Bram Moolenaar <Bram@...> [01-Oct-02 12:18
          * -0700]:

          >Denis Perelyubskiy wrote:
          >
          >> just a suggestion. i know lots of people use vimfiles
          >> directories to keep their "private" settings... however,
          >> vimfiles is not mentioned in the help (other then under
          >> runtimepath, i think)...
          >>
          >> it seems adding a help item would be beneficial.
          >> Unfortunately, I dont know enough about all aspects of
          >> vimfiles (and maybe there are other directories like this
          >> that I am not aware of?) to write something up, but it
          >> sounds like its really short and simple for someone who
          >> knows about it....
          >
          >I don't really know what to say about using "vimfiles",
          >other than that it's one of the default directories in
          >'runtimepath'. The least I can do is add a tag for
          >"vimfiles" at the help for 'runtimepath'.

          now that i think about it, perhaps you're right. maybe
          adding a tag would be sufficient.

          denis