Re: [vimdev] Research on Vim

    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 6, 2002
      Steve Hall wrote:

      > On Fri, 6 Sep 2002 15:32:16 -0400 "Charles E. Campbell"
      > <cec@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Check out :help todo for a "veeeery long list of known bugs, current
      > > work and desired improvements."
      >
      > Wow, the amount of improvements since the Nov 1998
      > :help votes-for-changes is impressive! Any possibility a new poll
      > could be taken to test the waters now almost four years later? Or
      > would that be stirring the pot unnecessarily? ;)

      I don't really have much time to implement new features, thus asking
      around for what people would like to have implemented would give false
      hope. Also, Vim has so many features already, fixing bugs and making it
      simple to use is more important now.

      --
      There can't be a crisis today, my schedule is already full.

    • David Sanders
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 6, 2002
        Perhaps a "vote" on things to make it simpler to use?

        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 7, 2002
          David Sanders wrote:

          > Perhaps a "vote" on things to make it simpler to use?

          To be able to vote we would need alternatives.

          Making Vim simpler requires good ideas, based on experience.
          Suggestions are always welcome.

          --
          Q: What do you call a fish without an eye?
          A: fsh!